Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Skull depression in children - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Good Posted in: Growth and Development in Children
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3631 Questions
User :   My 15 month old baby seems to have slight skull depression at the back of his head. Are there any doctors in Bangalore with whom I can consult?
User :   Hi
User :   I am Dr. XXXX
User :   Good Evening XXXXX! Thanks for taking this question...
User :   What is the opinion of the regular pediatrician?
User :   Usually these kind of things outgrow as they age
User :   unless there are some structural deformities or developmental problems
User :   She said the same thing. that it will outgrow..
User :   But we have observed this since the baby was 4-6 months old...
User :   We felt if we can consult somebody who specializes in this area.. it might be good..
User :   also I think the earlier we can take some treatment about this.. the better it will be...
User :   The specialist who deals with such things are Pediatric surgeons in contact with the Pediatrician
User :   The information I gathered from the internet about this condition is from the two links below.. and they seem to be related to by baby's condition...
User :   WWW.WWWW.WW User :   Ok, this is the right one
User :   Most of the baby falls in the first group
User :   largest group of infants with an abnormal head shape is those who have positional deformities which develop during pregnancy or while sleeping.
User :   WWW.WWWW.WW User :   My wife also had an emergency c-section.. so that could also be a cause...
User :   so because of all this we thought if we can get the condition evaluated by some one who specializes in this area.. (plagiocephaly) it might be helpful...
User :   As said by me, this is evaluated by Pediatric surgeon
User :   You can contact Dr. xxxx
User :   Would this also be related to Departments of Neurology in hospitals..
User :   or Pediatric surgeon in xxxx clinic
User :   xxxxxxx
User :   Pediatric surgeon is best, Neurology comes into picture if your kid has some problem
User :   in development
User :   ok. Thank you very much. we will contact him.
User :   Perfect
User :   Thanks for consulting me
User :   Bye for now
User :   Hello
Doctor :   Hello.
Doctor :   I'm Dr.xxxx here.
User :   Good Evening. Thanks for taking my question.
User :   My wife had an emergency c-section 15 months ago and our baby is 15 months old. My wife seems to be suffering from Diastasis recti. Our gynecologist doctor was ok with the general health condition and suggested some exercises. We have even tried a physiotherapist. But still there is a distinct visible bulge around the waist (around 6 inches more than normal). 1) Are there any tests you recommend to make sure there are no other complications? 2) Also are there any other options availble for us in India specifically in Bangalore to correct the diastasis (surgical or non surgical)?
Doctor :   Let me read your query.
Doctor :   Does she any symptoms?
User :   Right now her health seems to be fine but she has some pain in her knees etc., once in a while...
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   Test include ultrasound of the abdomen.
User :   ok.
Doctor :   There are surgeries for it
User :   ok.
User :   Is exercise the only solution? or are there any other treatments available to correct the diastasis
Doctor :   Exercise is the first line of treatment.
Doctor :   If not effective then can be considered for surgery.
User :   Which specialist should I contact for surgeries related to this?
Doctor :   Gynecologist.
User :   We have consulted to gyns related to this in Bangalore but they were not suggesting a surgery. Can you refer me a gynaecologist in Bangalore who has experience in this type of surgery.
User :   We have consulted two gynaecologists...
Doctor :   There are no special expertise for the condition.
Doctor :   it is done by the all gynecologist .
User :   ok.
Doctor :   If you want you can consult another gynecologist of second opinion.
User :   ok.
User :   Thanks doctor. Do you have any other suggestions?
Doctor :   Just continue the exercises.
Doctor :   and hope for the best.
User :   sure. Thanks.
Doctor :   If the exercise is not helping .
Doctor :   consult another gynecologist of second opinion.
User :   ok.
Doctor :   thanks for consulting
Doctor :   bye for now.
User :   Thanks, bye.
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor