Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Skin rashes or hives all over the body - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Skin Rash
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions

Doctor :   Hi
User :   hi
Doctor :  
How can i help you
User :   ill just copy and paste a problem i got
User :   for the last few months i have been getting red lumps that are scattered over my body. They are intensely itchy and sometimes are not noticeable till i itch the area of skin where they flare up and become even worse. there seem to be more and more. They only last a few days and go and appear else where on my body.. this has also included areas like my bum and penis but are worst on my legs. They are like pin prick red bumps. i have taken antihistamine. i thought this was working but clearly not as they are not going and i still intensely itchy. It is unbearable and worried it could be something bad. i spoke to a doctor where he said it was hives.. he didn't look for long so i wasn't 100% happy with what he had to say and obviously because the tablets don't seem to be working.

Thank You i really appreciate it.
Doctor :  
Doctor :  
May I know if the antihistamines are effective or not?
User :   i only have 5 mins and was wondering if you could email me as it is a concern i have and is very iritating
User :   ive taken some a couple of hrs a go and i still itch :(
User :   its not scabies as i have treated my skin for it
Doctor :  
User :   thanks :)
Doctor :  
then from your history it looks like you have an disorder of the whole system involvement
Doctor :  
and it will require an

Doctor :  
dermatologist opinion first to rule out systemic or immunogenic cause
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor