Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Skin rashes on the penile foreskin spreading to the partner. Fungal infection? Treatment? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 12-Jun-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Penis Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 983 Questions
User:Hello Doctor
User:How can I help you ?
User:doctor i got married on Dec 27th 2012
User:in the first month i started with some infection on my penis
User:on the XXXXXXX
User:i didnt see a doctor and i left it like that, i googled and i think it is yeast infection
User:and then in couple of days it went off
User:and then after one month again i got some infection
User:this time its on the foreskin
User:the skin peeled off and looked like a rash
User:i didnt see a doctor again, it went off in a week
User:now my wife also has somewhat similar infection
User:Yes, fungal infections on the gentilia can spread to the partner
User:Now you may both may have to be placed on treatment
User:when i first got the infection, my wife said that its very common for newly weds to get infected
User:is that true?
User:Yes, it is common in newly weds
User:so what treatment are we supposed to take
User:I would consider you have to start with applying Cannestin cream to the affected areas
User:If the cream alone does not cur then you may have to be placed on oral antifungal medication
User:and one more thing, if the symptoms goes away does that not mean that its completely out of the system
User:infection may persist there in dormant form and may get activated in future
User:so how do we get rid of it completely
User:First you apply the cream I mentioned above for a period or a week
User:If you do not get any infection in next three months then there is no need to worry
User:If you get infection then you may have to visit your treating doctor to get oral antifungal medications
User:but i do not have any infection or any itching, burning symptoms now
User:but im not sure whether its smegma or not, but my XXXXXXX is all while in color
User:should i apply the cream over there too
User:I think it could be the infection
User:do not take chances
User:apply the cream
User:under the foreskin
User:Yes, exactly
User:ok doctor, i would do
User:there is nothing else to worry right, it could be only fungal infection right
User:Yes, I believe that there is no other serious problem involves based on your description
User:ok doctor
User:incase if we want to XXXXXXX a doctor, who should we be meeting
User:physician or gynic
User:Do XXXXXXX a venereologist
User:A gynec would also help
User:ok doctor
User:thank you so much
User:You are welcome
User:i hope i didnt disturb you
User:Not at al, this is my work
User:I am here always to help you.
User:Thank you doctor, i have used this service for three times and im very satisfied all the three times
User:thank you so much for your complete team for helping many like me
User:You are welcome and we will keep up the good work.
User:OK Doctor, talk to you later, have a good night
User:Good night
User:Take care
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor