Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Skin rashes on the leg - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Skin Rash
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3622 Questions
User :   Experiencing a serious rash on my left thigh with burning, numb skin. This comes after 3 days of intense lower back pain
Doctor :   Hi,
User :   Hi
Doctor :   May i know how big is the rash ?
User :   Top of the thigh to knee
Doctor :   Is the rash raised and with redness on ?
User :   not raised - splotchy
Doctor :   Since how long is the lesion there ?
User :   3 days
Doctor :   Is there itching associated with the rash ?
User :   no
Doctor :   Is there any pain over the lesion ?
User :   entire area
Doctor :   Has it happened same anytime in past ?
User :   No
Doctor :   ok, have you tried any medications ?
User :   No
Doctor :   ok, I would ask you to apply Calamine lotion on it twice daily
User :   My understanding is this could be a result of pain I experieced recently or perhaps related to something more serious as the pain seems to be deep
Doctor :   No , i would not consider it to be related to the low back ache you had
User :   not a symtom to anything else then
Doctor :   it could be either due to allergy or sunburn ( if a sun exposed area )
User :   Last question: Is there a name for such a rash?
Doctor :   no specific name as such rashes, can be seen in various illness like LUPUS, sunburns and in some fungal infections
Doctor :   anly the presence of itching and the type of the pain differentiates
User :   Thank You
Doctor :   you are welcome
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me
Doctor :   Bye for now
Doctor :   take care
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor