Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Skin patches on face - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Good Posted in: Pigmentation Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you
User :   Hello....
Doctor :   please proceed Ankur
Doctor :   For Administrative and health purposes, Please provide these details -Age: Gender: Occupation: Location: Marital Status: Weight and Height: Dependents: Yes/ No.
User :   I have Skin Patches on my face.....some sort of Fungal Infection on the skin
Doctor :   ok
User :   Age 28, Male, Married,80,5'9",Yes
Doctor :   are they Light or Dark colored and is there any discharge or itching from there since
Doctor :   Are you there ?
User :   yes
Doctor :   Can you answer me now
User :   no see the patches are like there is no growth of beard in those places
Doctor :   Which Are the areas involved ?
User :   they are not color one's ...but the infection has made some spots where there is no growth of the beard....they are there just on the face some 3 to 4 small patches where is no hair...
Doctor :   When was it that you had this infection and did you take any treatment for the same
User :   more than 8 months back....took some allopatheic and homeopathic medicine but of no use...problem still persists

Doctor :   You still have the Fungal infection going on
User :   yes
Doctor :   What was the Diagnosis of the Doctor as to what kind of Fungal infection was it
User :   he said the usual fungal infection he said that its a common problem ......where is fungus has eaten the roots of the hair at some places on the face so the patches have been formed.

Doctor :   ok.
Doctor :   that is one possibility that if the
Doctor :   Fungus has affected the roots then it will
Doctor :   not be possible to get that back
Doctor :   alternatively there can be the procedure that called HAIR Transplant that can be done and that will regenerate the hairs in that area..
User :   no he said that the roots are still there they have not completely gone...

Doctor :   ok.
Doctor :   then you can try and regenerate it with medications like.
Doctor :   Medications
User :   can u let me know the medicine names

Doctor :   there are soem drugs like Minoxidil and finasteride
Doctor :   btu they are importantly prescribed
Doctor :   by the doctor
Doctor :   and the pharmacist will give you only on prescription
User :   ok

Doctor :   anything else you need

User :   thanks for all the help and guidance
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting Health care magic. Bye for now. Please refer your friends to our service
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor