Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Sinusitis, suffering from heavy cold, mild shivering. Cause and cure? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 14-Mar-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1773 Questions
User:Hi doctor.
User:Myself XXXXX here...
Doctor:please provide your name, email id, and phone no for reference
User:i am suffering from heavy cold and mild shivering...actually i am having sinusitis..
User:my name is XXXXX, email id is YYYY@YYYY
Doctor:how long have u had this ?
User:sinus , i mean nearly more than 4 years..
Doctor:you mean to say, you had sinusitis, for 4 years ?
Doctor:can u tell me if any form of treatment , if taken ?
User:yes....i get cold ones in 6th moths.....and i am allergenic to dust and all
Doctor:so how many episodes have you got in the last 1 year ?
User:no i have not taken any kind of treatment since doctor advised me to go for operation
User:nearly 3
User:i am using some nasal spray some times..
Doctor:were u diagnosed to have any conditions like deviated nasal septum , etc ?
User:yes,,,exactly....deviated nasal septum
Doctor:so , are u planning to undergo the procedure ?
User:yeah......but one of my friend who is ayurvedic doctor, he suggested me to try ayurvedic one and then go for surg.
User:but now i am infected, so could you please suggest me some tablets?
Doctor:for the time being, you can use Vicks, or strepsils, to help reduce your cough and allergy symptoms
Doctor:in addition, steam inhalation, and saline gargles , 3-4 times a day will also help
User:yeah...but since it is heavy, is there any anti- biotic i can go for?
Doctor:crocin 500 mg 3 times a day to relieve your body pain and inflamamation
Doctor:prescription of antibiotics can be given only after due examination ,which is done in person
Doctor:it is not provided online, due to legal issues
Doctor:I hope u understand issues...
Doctor:for the time being, you can use KARVOL PLUS inhalants, with steam
Doctor:this is to be inhaled , along with steam
User:so it is better to contact some doctor is it? so which doctor i should meet? ENT or general medicine?
Doctor:it will help in relieving the inflammation and congestion
Doctor:You can consult a General physician for the antibiotics,
User:ok thanks doctor..i will do that...
Doctor:but, if the septum deviation, is more, you should under go the procedure at the earliest
Doctor:as ayurvedic methods, will not treat a suegical condition
User:i am getting head ache also with this...
User:ohh..i see
Doctor:Crocin 500 mg, CAN help with the headache
User:ok sure...
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor