Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Side Effects of hypothyroidism - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: General Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2568 Questions

Doctor :   Hi How can I help you?
User :   i need to clarifi some doubt on my health with you
Doctor :   Yes
Doctor :   pl proceed
User :   i have thyroid problem since 8 years
Doctor :   Ok
User :   because of that my height affected and also i gained more weight
Doctor :   Ok
User :   i am taking eltroxin everyday morning...
Doctor :   What is your age
User :   i am 23
User :   wht are the problems i would face
User :   because of this problem
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Usually a hypothyroid person will face many problem if his thyroid status is not in limits
Doctor :   That means he should take regular medicine
Doctor :   as per the prescription
User :   yes i have hypothyroid
Doctor :   and get the regular check up with the doctor along with the TSH and T4 levels
User :   ok fine...
Doctor :   The check up shall be once in every 3 months
User :   ok doctor...
Doctor :   and if required the blood tests
Doctor :   once in 4 to 6 months
User :   will there be any serious problems
Doctor :   If they are within normal then the person will have no problem

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor