Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

Shrunk testis post medicines for pain and UTI - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Good Posted in: Testicle Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   Dear User, You have started the test chat with our doctor. The duration of the test chat is 5 minutes. After the trial period, you will be redirected to the Payment page.
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you?
User :   6 years ago, I had a problem. I had a severe pain in My right testicle, it swollowed. Then I took some medication for a week. After that the size of that decreased. Its now very small. Is there any problem ?
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   What is your age and do you have any other health problems?
User : other health problems
Doctor :   Do you appreciate any decrease in its size when compared to the left?
User :   yeah its very small than the left one
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   I suggest that you get an Ultrasound scrotum done.
Doctor :   As the testis may be shrunken.
User : there something serious ?
Doctor :   Is there any pain now?Doctor :   Our discussion about your problem may need more than 5 minutes. You will be taken to the payment page after 5 mins trial is over.It's a very nominal cost. After payment, you will be brought back to the chat from where you left it. I will be here to assist you.
User :   Hello...I just wanted to know if this is a serious problem ?
Doctor :   Hi
User :   Should I mention my problem again ?
Doctor :   No, the problem could be serious.
User :   I have not felt anything since last six years.
Doctor :   Could you tell me about the past problem in detail?
User :   ok
User :   This happened 6 years back.I was sitting with my leg crossed for about an hour. After that when I started walking, I felt a slight pain in my right testicle. The pain started increasing and the size of the testicle also increased. I went back home in that severe pain. We went to a doctor, he gave me some pain killer and one injection. Next day I got my urine test,in which some infection came out. Then the doctor gave me some medication which I took for a week. After that everything was normal but the size of the right testicle decreased. Its now smaller than my left one.
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Is there any pain know?
User :   nope.....very slight pain that too once in a blue moon
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Is there any burning in the urine?
User :   nope
Doctor :   What medicines were given previously?
User :   That I don't remember....its been 6 years now
Doctor :   Were they antibiotics?
User :   yeah I think so
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Was there redness and severe pain then?
User :   At that time redness was not thre...severe pain was there and the size of the testicle got bigger.
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   The cause most probably could have been torsion of the testicle in which the testicle probably got twisted and thus its blood supply got cut off.
Doctor :   As there were no other symptoms associated with it.
Doctor :   The testis could get atrophied or shrunken and that can cause the persistent pain
Doctor :   The ultrasound can diagnose whether there is atrophied.
User :   ok...I am getting married in December. What precautions should I take ?
Doctor :   If that is the cause, then it is better to get the damaged testis removed surgically.
User :   Or what all check ups should I get done
Doctor :   Because it can cause damage to the other testis and subsequent infertility could occur.
Doctor :   A testicular implant can be placed for cosmetic purposes.
Doctor :   Removal also decreases the pain that comes occasionally.
Doctor :   I suggest that you consult a Urologist or General Surgeon and get yourself examined.
Doctor :   Depending on the scan results, if there is atrophy, then removal of the damaged testis can be planned if necessary.
Doctor :   Are you there xxxxx?
User :   ok.
Doctor :   I hope I was clear.
User :   yeah...and if there is no atrophy then there is no need for the removal, I guess ?
Doctor :   Yes.
Doctor :   If it is viable then there is nothing to worry.
User :   Can u suggest some good urologists in Bangalore ?
Doctor :   You can use the search a doctor/hospital feature on our homepage to find a doctor in your area. WWW.WWWW.WW
Doctor :   If you wish, we can fix up your appointment with a doctor in your area.
User :   yeah that will be really good. I staying near xxxxx
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Please confirm your details and One of our doctors will get back to you soon with all the relevant details.
Doctor :   Email : YYYY@YYYY Mobile : 91-0000
User :   yeah
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Is there any thing else that I could help you with?
User :   Can u also help me in gaining weight issue
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   What is your height and weight?
User :   176 cms and 56kgs
Doctor :   Your BMI is 18
Doctor :   the normal BMI for adult males shopuld be between 20-25
Doctor :   You should take a high protein diet.
User :   like ?
Doctor :   Take more eggs, soya, pulses like chana dal, rajmah,
User :   ok
Doctor :   Take 2 glasses of whole milk per day preferably with a Protein powder or dry fruit powder.
User :   Which protein powder will u recommend
Doctor :   Add 3-4 tsfs of oil or 2-3 tsfs of ghee to your food daily.
Doctor :   xxxxxis good
Doctor :   You should also take nuts like almonds, cashews, walnuts, groundnuts and fruits like bananas, sapota, pine apples, custard apples
Doctor :   as these are high calorie foods.
Doctor :   Dates are also helpful.
Doctor :   Are you there xxxxx?
Doctor :   I have to close this chat window as you have moved out of the chat. Please log in again if you need further medical advice.
Doctor :   hI
Doctor :   Are you Back ?
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you .
Doctor :   HI
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor