Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Shoulder pain and black spots on bones in the x ray - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   I have sever sholder pain i went to doc i have black spots on my bones they gave me pain meds they are not working the pains only gotten worse i have copies of the x rays right here the bones dont look right help
Doctor :   hi
User :   hello
Doctor :   let me read ur query
User :   k
Doctor :   may know ur age ?
User :   37
Doctor :   can u explan the shoulder pain
User :   it get worse at night i cant touch or lay on it it hurts all the time my arm goes numb its like the bone hurts
Doctor :   how did this start ?
Doctor :   did u have any injury?
User :   it started off stiff about 2 moths ago i have not hurty it
Doctor :   You mean it started on its own?
Doctor :   ok
User :   yes
Doctor :   what are the investigations done so far ?
User :   e rays
User :   x
User :   sorry
Doctor :   Have they done any MRI scans ?
User :   they have 2 dark black spots on on colar bone one under my arm at top of bone and lighter ones on the top of the sholder bone
Doctor :   So can u tell me the interpretations on the Xrays ?
User :   ya i have them
User :   i asked about the spots they said they did noty know what they were
Doctor :   Do u have any symptoms lke fever , weght loss , loss of appetite ?
User :   nausa tired and pain some fever
Doctor :   so have they decided to do any more tests ?
User :   they spelled it wrongwant me to go to a bone oncaligest
User :   no apts for 4 months in this area
User :   im sc to be honestared to death
Doctor :   you may be having a infection in the bone or it could be some bone related tumors
Doctor :   i understand your anxiety
User :   i know i hurt and dont feel well and have not felt my self
Doctor :   but your PCP should atleast get additional information and have more investgations and blood tests done
User :   he did not even touch me took xrays gave me pain meds told me to make an apt with the bone doc
User :   thats what he did
Doctor :   a complete blood count, a bone marrow examination , a MRI should have been done
Doctor :   you can call hm and ask him to get some tests done
User :   ya thats what every ones saying
User :   i can what do i ask
Doctor :   may i know where you reside ?
Doctor :   ask him , that you are anxous and would like to get addtional tests like a MRI and blood tests done
User :   ok
Doctor :   and you can ask for proper treatment and antibotics as well for any kind of infection
Doctor :   have you had your mammogram yearly?
User :   alright
User :   no i have never had one
Doctor :   you need to have one after the age of 35 yearly
User :   ok
User :   i have never been told that
Doctor :   ask him for that test as well
User :   but will get one
Doctor :   go to a gynae and get a PAP smear anually done too
User :   i do
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   it seems you have moved out of the chat sesson
Doctor :   please log in again if u have additional queries
Doctor :   bye for now
Question is related to
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor