Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Shooting pain in anal region - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Women's Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
User :   Hi
Doctor :   Good morning.
User :   GM
Doctor :   How can I help you?
User :   Yeah
User :   just wanted to check
User :   I can tell u the symptom
Doctor :   Do you have any other query?
User :   could u advise course of action
User :   my wife has been complaining of a shooting pain sometimes from her anal region
User :   and if she walks fast then there is a pain in her anal regaion
User :   what could the reason be
Doctor :   Since when is she having the symptoms?
User :   past2-3 years
User :   carrying anything heavy also starts this pain
Doctor :   Does she complain of pain or discomfort while passing stool?
User :   not normally
User :   if constipated yes
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Does she have back pain?
User :   yeah
User :   if stressed out
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Has she seen a doctor in the past for these symptoms?
User :   no
Doctor :   may I know her age?
Doctor :   Does she have any other medical illness such as diabetes, thyroid illness?
User :   27
User :   no no other diesease
User :   in fact had all general checkups done recently and everything turned out normal
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Let me explain.
Doctor :   Since I am unable to perform a physical examination, I cannot pinpoint the exact cause for the pain,
User :   ok
Doctor :   however based on your description, I can think of the following conditions which could be responsible
Doctor :   1. Rectal cause such as anal fissures/ trauma secondary to reduced bowel movements
Doctor :   2. Stress and anxiety factors
Doctor :   3. Dietary factors
Doctor :   These are the 3 possible cause that could be causing the discomfort in the anal region.
User :   ok
User :   so i guess a visit to the doc could help
Doctor :   WIthout a physical examination, its hard to predict which among these factors is the cause.
Doctor :   So, yes consult a proctologist for per rectal examination.
Doctor :   In the mean time,
Doctor :   regular diet containing plenty of fibres, low spices are necessary
Doctor :   Increase water consumption - atleast 1-2 litre per day
Doctor :   2. Proper and regular sleep
Doctor :   3. Physical exercise, yoga and meditation techniques.
Doctor :   4. Whenever there is pain, try hot water sit baths if feasibel
User :   ok
Doctor :   alternatively local anaesthetic agents such as lignocaine gels can be applied at the anal region whenever there is pain.
Doctor :   Have you followed what I have suggested?
User :   yeah
Doctor :   Do you have any other query?
User :   so is treatement in case of anal fissure etc be by way of medicine or would it req surgery?
Doctor :   Most often medical therapy will do.
Doctor :   Rarely surgery may be necessary.
User :   ok gr8
Doctor :   Do you have any other query?
User :   could u suggest a proctologist
User :   BGE matlab Bangalore
Doctor :   Can you confirm you phone number.
Doctor :   Our customer support team will get back to you and help you with finding a good doctor at your locality.
User :   Doctor :   Do you have any other query?
User :   no that will be all
User :   thank you very much
User :   u have been most helpful
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me.
Doctor :   Bye for now.'
User :   bye
User :   and have a nice day
Question is related to
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor