Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Shingles like rash on the buttocks - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Skin Rash
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 681 Questions
User :   I have symtoms of shingles. I have had this to reoccur over the last 10 yrs and it started once a tear and then 6 mos and now I am @ every 2wks! It is very painful with pain down my leg and hip and I am plain exhusted and must go to bed. I have gone to the Dr and he just does not seem to listen to me! He did subscribe Acyclovir for 15 days and when I finished I got it again and it seemed worse this time.
The only place this appears is @ the bottom of my spine and on my buttdocks. No other place Dr. says it is not shingles I need to get some answers.I does not appear anywhere else! Can I rule out genital Herpes? Is there a med. I can take to prevent this from keep coming back? Can I died from this? Oh yes for the record I have no Ins. Would a Shingle shot help? I'm really @ the end my rope with this ! Please Help!
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   I am Dr. XXX
Doctor :   Give me some time to read the query
User :   Hello
User :   ok
Doctor :   What is your age?
User :   58
Doctor :   How do you know it is shingles even when your doctor says 'NO'
Doctor :   Do you have rash?
User :   Yes I have the rash apinful and then turns to blisters
User :   I am not saying it is shingles... I just have the same symtoms
Doctor :   Did you consult a Dermatologist?
User :   no
User :   Reg MD
Doctor :   With your symptoms, age it looks to be a repeated flares of infection
Doctor :   But it is not common to have so many episodes
User :   so what can the infection be?
Doctor :   certain circumstances, such as emotional stress, immune deficiency can certainly get back the episodes
Doctor :   So look for these
Doctor :   and get them treated
User :   I take vit. and he did put me on Xanax.
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   A course of steroids are also helpful for you
Doctor :   My suggestion for you is to consult a Dermatologist and get it treated completely
Doctor :   It takes a single or maximum two consults
User :   So........I just have to live with this and nothing can be done?
Doctor :   It can be done
Doctor :   You can take a course of steriods by prescription from Doctor
Doctor :   along with Acyclovir
User :   Do you think getting a Shingle sot will help?
Doctor :   The normal PCP cannot help you much
Doctor :   His experience cannot help you much in such cases
User :   Can a person die from this by doing nothing?
Doctor :   No
Doctor :   The most important complication is Pain
Doctor :   and that is sever
User :   Ok that's better!lol
Doctor :   at this age
Doctor :   My point is if you have a chance to cure it with a Dermatologist, why do not you consult
User :   Ok, I will give a try! Thank You for your help!
Doctor :   Is there anything I can help you with?
Doctor :   I am sure you get better
Doctor :   if you take timely consult
Doctor :   Shingles shot cannot help you
Doctor :   at this stage
Doctor :   Thank you for consulting me
Doctor :   Bye for now
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor