Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Sexually transmitted disease symptoms - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: HIV and AIDS
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help you
User :   hello
User :   I have some questions on STDs
User :   I am a software engineer
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   sure
User :   I had sex with a prostitute 2 days back.. It was protected...
Doctor :   ok
User :   I was wondering if i need to get tested
User :   I dont have any symptoms
User :   what do u advice
Doctor :   yes
Doctor :   do u have fever or burning sensation when u pass urine
User :   no
User :   i was worried abt any skin to skin STDs that might occur
Doctor :   yes
Doctor :   possible
Doctor :   also hiv can spread throu oral sex as well
User :   I had sore throt yestarday.. not sure if it is from A?C
User :   no i didnt have oral
Doctor :   it can be
Doctor :   get urself tested
User :   how long do I have to wait to get testted?
Doctor :   u need to get ELISA
Doctor :   test
Doctor :   after 6 months
User :   what is it?
Doctor :   u can take prophylactic treatment
User :   can u pls explain what is that?
Doctor :   if there is accidental prick
Doctor :   people who are at risk of getting hiv will take
Doctor :   treatment
Doctor :   antiviral
User :   is it anti biotic treatment?
User :   oh ok
Doctor :   u can consult dermatalogist
Doctor :   if u have any skin infection
Doctor :   and feel it is due it to
User :   can i take any anti biotic medicines by my self.. from local pharmacies?
Doctor :   when u visit physician
Doctor :   u can mention that
User :   ok
Doctor :   anything else u want to know
Doctor :   yes
Doctor :   any big hospitals u can get it tested for STD
User :   ok i will chk that
User :   thanks for ur time.. I appreciate it
Doctor :   ur welcome
Doctor :   sure
User :   bye
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting Health care magic. Bye for now. Please refer your friends to our service
User :   sure
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor