Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Severe tooth ache due to cavity - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Dental Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 681 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
User :   Hello Doctor
Doctor :   Please proceed with your query.
User :   My mother age 50 is having tooth pain
Doctor :   Ok
User :   can you please help with a quick fix
Doctor :   Can you please describe the cause of the pain, duration, aggravating and reliving factors?
User :   she had tea an hour before and since then she is finding it difficult
Doctor :   Ok
User :   and she generally gets this pain
User :   if some food particle gets stucked
Doctor :   Ok
User :   or something very hot/cold/sweet she has
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   After going through the description, I feel that she requires a complete dental examination and might be a root canal treatment.
Doctor :   For time being she can have Tab DOLO 500mg, for unbearable pain.
User :   ok
User :   and can you also suggest sth that can be available in the kitchen
User :   *something
Doctor :   baking soda paste and keep it near the tooth which aches.
Doctor :   Dentocaine gel can be applied in the area.
Doctor :   This might help your mother to relieve with the pain.
User :   thnk u doc
Doctor :   Are there any more queries for me to help you with?
User :   thnks
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me
Doctor :   Take care
Doctor :   Bye for now.
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor