Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Severe palpitations, suffering from angina - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   I have been having electric shocks to my heart
Doctor :   HI
Doctor :   This is Dr.
Doctor :   Mr. XXXXXXXX can u explain it
User :   I have been having electric jolts to my heart on again off again for 10 months.
Doctor :   do u have chest pain?
User :   At times I have been experiencing angina.
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   How old are you?
User :   41
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   Are you on any medication ?
User :   no
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   do u have palipations
Doctor :   heart beating fast?
User :   Can jolis ti the heart age your heart and/ or cause heart attack?
User :   Yes
Doctor :   You need EKG, 24 hour Holter Monitoring of your heart rate qand rhythm, ECHO CARDIOGRAM
Doctor :   You may have some abnormality in heart
Doctor :   Make sure what is the reason for the palpitations
Doctor :   Do u have any medical problems like diabetes, high BP
Doctor :   Alright Mr.. Now you know what you need to do. You need EKG, 24 hour Holter Monitoring of your heart rate and rhythm, ECHO CARDIOGRAM
User :   Should I go to the emergency room or should I wait and go to a cardiologist? No health problems, Saw a cardiologist 2 years ago. Left side heart was slightly enlarged other than that heart and veins were normal.
Doctor :   U said u have these symptoms for long time
User :   Last ten months.
Doctor :   If the shock is very bad go to ER
Doctor :   But still u need to see a doctor in 1-2 days
Doctor :   Either ER or GP or cardiolgy and minimum get the EKG donr
User :   Tonight shock severe. Comes and goes. Since 6 pm, maybe 20 shocks.
Doctor :   it could be Atrial fibrillation or flutter
Doctor :   It could be ventrucular tachycardia
Doctor :   That lead to dangerous Ventrucula fibrillation
User :   Is there any medicine to stop body from shocking heart?
Doctor :   I advice u to go ER
Doctor :   and get admitted
Doctor :   srtay in hospital for 24 hours for heart monitoring
Doctor :   if needed
Doctor :   u asked
Doctor :   Is there any medicine to stop body from shocking heart?
Doctor :   Yes
User :   yes
Doctor :   There are some medication to decrease heart rate
User :   ok thank you.
Doctor :   if the rhythm is abnormal there are other medication caleed amiodarone
Doctor :   sotalol
Doctor :   it all depends on cardiologist
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor