Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Severe inflammation in penis due to rubbing - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Penis Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3631 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you?
User :   hi Docotr
User :   Doctor
User :   sorry to bother you again
Doctor :   That is fine.
User :   do you know my history?
Doctor :   Yeah
Doctor :   I know
User :   I am in so much pain right now
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   You can take a pain killer right now
Doctor :   Hello XXXXXX
Doctor :   Did you follow
User :   I think maybe I need to tell you the whole story
Doctor :   I know about your history
User :   about 2 months ago, I rubbed my penis head too hard
User :   it caused a severe inflammation
Doctor :   I know about this XXXX
User :   ok
Doctor :   what happened
Doctor :   and you were applying Vanicream
Doctor :   and you have seen the dermatologist
User :   I thought the inflammation has subsided
User :   but it's coming back
Doctor :   the doc prescribed you the Aclovate
Doctor :   If it is coming back you need a review with the Dermatologist
User :   yes, well after I got the inflammation I went to a doctor and he prescribed Oxistat
User :   but Oxistat made the situation wores
User :   worse
Doctor :   I understand
Doctor :   that too
Doctor :   We have asked you for a repeat review with the Dermatologist
Doctor :   I guess you have consulted him
User :   he said it looks okay
Doctor :   When did yu last see him?
User :   unless the pain is coming from the inside?
User :   last week
Doctor :   We asked you to see him last couple of days through an answer to your email
Doctor :   We guess it is fine, but we want to make sure of it through physical examination
User :   yes
Doctor :   Do not worry you will be alright
Doctor :   But I wanted to let you know that please get a repeat examination by the doctor
Doctor :   who has seen you earlier
User :   because it is still painful in that area
Doctor :   Ok
User :   and it is still very visible the skin that was inflammed
Doctor :   Do you mean you need a medicine to get rid of pain
Doctor :   What is yoru age
User :   30
User :   yes, that would be nice
Doctor :   Do you wanna get rid of pain immediately
User :   yes
Doctor :   Do you have ADVIL 200mg at your home
Doctor :   now
User :   no I don't think so
Doctor :   you can get it from any store
User :   ok
Doctor :   You may take it now
Doctor :   This is available without any prescription
User :   that will help?
Doctor :   Take it after food
Doctor :   Yes that will get reduce the pain
User :   that will work for the entire body?
Doctor :   Do you want to work for the entire body
User :   no
User :   just that area
Doctor :   It does not act on the body
Doctor :   That is why i asked you to take it to act only on that area
User :   will surgery help?
Doctor :   Not really
Doctor :   First take this medicine immediately
Doctor :   and see the response
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   It will be better
Doctor :   Are you taking it now?
User :   no
User :   I don't have Advil with me
Doctor :   You can get it now at the store
User :   right
Doctor :   Please go and get it.
User :   is it possible to replace the inflammed skin through surgery?
Doctor :   yes but that will be a later stage
Doctor :   not now
Doctor :   I guess this is best answered by the dermatologist
Doctor :   after seeing the area
Doctor :   and physically palpating it
User :   because this has been 2 months now and it's still not gone away
Doctor :   Ok, as I told you the best opinion is given by the treating Dermatologist
Doctor :   But you should not be worried
User :   ok
Doctor :   Please fill the feedback form say done when done.
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic. Bye for now.Please refer your friends to our service.
Question is related to
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor