Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Severe heart burn problems - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Digestion and Bowels
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1773 Questions
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help you
User :   Hiii
User :   I have severe heart burn problem
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   since when you have this problem?
User :   almost a year now
Doctor :   Do you hurps and belching
User :   i am a social drinker and do smoke as well, but i drink only beer and wine though
User :   Hurps???
Doctor :   To get a more complete picture I need this information
Age: ; Occupation: ; Location: ; Marital Status:
Doctor :   Burps?
User :   Belching
Doctor :   Do you have this more when you sleep
User :   Burps--- Yes when i have spicy food
User :   U r rite -- i do loose my sleep
User :   as well
User :   Age- 29
User :   Male
User :   Single
User :   Asst Manager, Staffing
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   I would say this
Doctor :   this is a conditon called relux oesophagitis
Doctor :   It is making the food reflux into your food pipe and cause heart burn
Doctor :   this is caused mainly because of improper food habits
User :   Wen ever i have drinks i get heart burn
Doctor :   over weight
Doctor :   smoking and drinking
Doctor :   coffee, icecreams etc
User :   Weight: 75, Height- 5.8
Doctor :   you are overweight to your height
Doctor :   you should come down
Doctor :   by 10 kgs
User :   really
Doctor :   you put two or three pillow under your head
Doctor :   while you sleep
User :   But what do id now
Doctor :   and take Rantac tablet
Doctor :   30 min before food
Doctor :   and cut down your drinking
Doctor :   If yoiu have severe heart burn
User :   i drink on weekend
Doctor :   you should immediately
Doctor :   take cold milk
User :   i dont drink tea or coffee..
Doctor :   avoid them
User :   ok
Doctor :   If you dont relieve with these you should get a endoscopy done to see the food passage
Doctor :   if any damage is done
User :   How long should i continue with the tabs
Doctor :   You should be relieved within 15 days
Doctor :   but only lifestyle habits can cure the diesease
Doctor :   ok
User :   ok
Doctor :   thanks for consulting,bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor