Severe bleeding of the gums while brushing. What is the reason? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
regaring my Teeth gum bleeding while brushing
and bad breath
May I know your age?
Since when are you facing this problem?
and gastric problems?
Are you on any regular medications?
Do you smoke?
I am not under any medication
when i checked last year Diabetes , BP all are normal
Let me brief you.
Bleeding while brushing can be related to use of a hard bristle tooth brush.
Since you also report bad breath, it is possible that you may have an underlying dental problem / unhealthy gums.
How do i fix this unhealthy gums/
If you have been tested by a dentist recently and no such problems were found then the bad breath could be related hyperacidity/reflux gastritis.
With this information, let me give you the measures you need to follow:
1. Brush your teeth with soft bristle tooth brush, preferably twice a day and floss them once a day.
I forgot to tell you... i do have Gastritis problem.... frequently get
Yes, gastritis problems especially GERD can be the reason for bad breathe.
In some cases when the stomach contents come upto the mouth, the can affect both gums and teeth to cause unhealthy gums.
please let me know the rest of measures to be followed
I shall include the measures to take care of this. So please follow.
2. Apart from brushing and flossing twice daily, use antiseptic mouth wash regularly preferably after every meal.
4. Avoid taking any food which is spicy and hot. Restrict consumption of beverages such as coffee, tea and other soft drinks.
4. Avoid eating to the full. And after dinner avoid going to the bed within an hour.
5. Sleep with the head end slightly elevated.
6. Take plenty of fruits and vegetables. They have positive effects both on gastritis as well as gums.
7. You can take vitamin b and c supplements available over the counter at any nearby pharmacy.
These supplements can be taken once a day for a month.
8. Lastly involve in physical exercise concentrated on loosing weight.
All these have positive role in controlling gastritis and gum health.
If gum problems bleeding and bad breathe persist despite of these measures, you are requested to consult a dentist.
Local examination of gums as well as coagulation profile test might be needed.
Have you followed?
I am taking Green Tea twice a day, will it be ok? Will above measures takes care of nutritional deficiency also?
I have not consulted dentist for any reason so far in my life
So no idea..... no dental problem so far... (touch wood)... only this gum bleeding and bad breath i am worried
Green tea has both antioxidant effects which is good. In addition, this also unknown to control calorie intake.
You can continue the same.
The gum bleeds and bad breathe is most likely the effects of gastritis leading to unhealthy gums and wrong choice of tooth brush.
you should feel better with the measures that I suggested.
In case, the symptoms do not improve, then you are suggested to visit a dentist for a check up.
Yes, I will start these measures and wait for 15 - 30 day to result to come out
Keep us updated about your progress after a month and we can take this forward.
Hope that makes sense.
Do you have any other query?
Yes, I will do it....
I will revert to you i month later
That's it for the day
Thanks for consulting me.
Thank you very much....
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in