Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Severe back pain causing inability to walk or move - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Back Pain
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 674 Questions
User :   Hi, I having sever lower back pain now. This problem strated around 13-14 back.The pain comes back after years. I got checked earlier and doctor suggested just few excersise. My pain is now very high and cant move and walk properly. I need your help on it.
Doctor :   Hi
User :   hi doctor
Doctor :   I'm Dr XXX
User :   hi arun
Doctor :   Let me read your query
Doctor :   May I ask you few questions to know about you?
User :   sure
Doctor :   Please give your Age, Gender, Location, Occupation, Marital status, Height, Weight and Waist circumference
User :   Age-33, Gender-Male, Location- XXX, Occupation-XXX, 5'8, 65,32
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Since when are having is pain? 13 to 14?
User :   i am taking some pain killers for last two days but not working
User :   actually this problem started 14 yrs back...when i got first back pain
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Did you consult a doctor for that?
User :   we conculted few doctors...first went for bone TB treatment but later disgionesed just normal pain
User :   had to stop TB treatment after 3months
Doctor :   Ok
User :   after few gone off
Doctor :   Ok
User :   i checked after couple of yeras after that in Delhi ...with XXXXXXXX Hospital....
User :   when i got pain again
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   when was that?
User :   they said just to do few exrercise
Doctor :   Ok
User :   around 1999\
Doctor :   Ok
User :   but pain get come back may once in year...
Doctor :   Ok
User :   it remians for couple of days ..i do those excerise..taken some pain killer it goes away
User :   this time pain is more sever
Doctor :   Since when did it start this time ?
User :   I want to consult a specialist for this
Doctor :   Since how many days?
User :   last 2 days
Doctor :   I am a General Practitioner, I believe I can help you within my expertise and If required I shall recommend a specialist.
User :   it started first on upper back but later wen to lower back
Doctor :   Ok
User :   i need to first get reif from this pain
Doctor :   Are you continuing the exercise
Doctor :   ?
User :   i cant move...or can walk pproperly
Doctor :   Ok
User :   i dont do it regularly
User :   when pain comes ..i do it
Doctor :   Is there pain when you start any activity?
User :   thats problem
Doctor :   Ok
User :   but i do normal routine health excersise
User :   walk n all
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Have you done any test for it?
User :   not now
User :   had done earlier
Doctor :   Ok
User :   but dont have it now
User :   with me
Doctor :   What are the test you did?
Doctor :   Is the pain continuously present or is it intermittent?
User :   CT SCAn..MRI...some blood test
Doctor :   Ok
User :   no its continius
User :   for last two days
Doctor :   Do you know the results?
Doctor :   Are there any aggravating factors?
User :   means
User :   ?
Doctor :   Any which increases the pain
Doctor :   'thing
User :   normally...if you are sitting lying
User :   n try to stan dup or move after smtm
Doctor :   What did the results say?
User :   there was major things
User :   infact it was done way back
Doctor :   Ok
User :   i dont even rmbrr
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Is it a sharp pain or dull aching pain?
User :   how u want me take it forward
User :   sharp pain
User :   can even move
Doctor :   Ok
User :   pinching
User :   like in nerve
Doctor :   OK
Doctor :   XXX, I understand the severity of the pain that you have right now
User :   k
Doctor :   It appears to be disc prolapse pinching on the nerve
User :   k
User :   what should i do now
Doctor :   So the things you have to importantly do next are
Doctor :   1) You need Complete bed rest for atleast 48 hours to recover from pain
Doctor :   2) You require a more potent pain medication from the Doctor after a proper physical examination
Doctor :   3) You might need a repeat MRI of the spine
Doctor :   4) IF the medicines will not help in relieving the pain, certain injections / physiotherapy should help you
User :   can i see some splcst...can u suggest this field
Doctor :   Please see a Orthopedician
Doctor :   or a spine surgeon
User :   i ave get on work asap
User :   k
Doctor :   I recommend you Dr.XXX
Doctor :   an Orthopedicina
User :   any spine spl
Doctor :   HE is the right doctor
Doctor :   YOu reach him and say that Dr.XXX has sent you
Doctor :   He is my well known contact
Doctor :   He is in XXX
User :   tell me how to contact...i need to see today
Doctor :   from 11AM to 1PM
Doctor :   or else XXXXXXXX XXX
Doctor :   from 4 PM to 5 PM
Doctor :   in the evening
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor