Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
136 Doctors are Online

Semen analysis, low morphology due to amorphous heads - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Men Sexual Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 681 Questions
User :   I have low morphology due to amorphous heads.
I just completed a semen analysis. volume was normal, concentration was normal, motility was normal, prog motility was normal and morphology was subfertile. does this mean i am not able to have kids?
Doctor :   Hi,
User :   hello
User :   what is the answer to my question.
Doctor :   Can you explain the morphology report little bit in detail ?
User :   Note says. Low morphology due to amorphous heads
Doctor :   no , that alone does not render one infertile
Doctor :   you can have kids
User :   I am planing for IVF. Should I be alright?
Doctor :   thats a very good option
Doctor :   may not be a necessary , but very helpful
User :   I am doing a surrogacy with an egg donor. do I need more tests or not. evrything else was normal. what is the rate of sucess with this type of condition
Doctor :   with IVF you can achieve about >85 % conception chances
User :   so subfertile does't mean much. is there is a risk I won't be able to fertillize an egg?
Doctor :   there is risk , but since the number and motility is good , one amongst the normal morphology will surely fertilize
User :   what is actualy the key factor here? what test result would hendered me from being able to be fertile/
Doctor :   the sperm hydrolase test is one which can say how sub-fertile are the sperms
User :   I am reading the rest of the test results and evrything is withing rage. but the morhology. should I ahve any concern?
User :   that was bad spelling. I am nervous.
Doctor :   not at al , as i told you may be at risk of infertility but very negligible
User :   what is your final recomendation?
Doctor :   consume foods containing selenium and zinc they help in correcting the sperm morph
User :   what causes this kind of atrophy?
Doctor :   nutritional cause is the main one and other being drugs
User :   I undergo medical treatment when I was in colege for unprotected sex. I was advise of it. I was 16 and I din't care.
Doctor :   What treatment was it ?
User :   I was contaminated with a bacteria for having unproteted anal sex.
User :   the one found on feces
Doctor :   ok, that may not be a cause here , unless it was treated with drugs which affected the sperm development
User :   yes it was. and I was advised of it. question does this condition have any effect at the genetic level, or fetus deformity or any kind of abnormality during the development of the embrio?
Doctor :   no,
User :   ok. well any other comment before I go.
Doctor :   yes, please
User :   well nothing come to mind. do you have any sugestion or coment.
Doctor :   If you planning for IVF , wells its a good go
Doctor :   Foods with Zinc and selinium are good
User :   what are those?
Doctor :   also take almonds , profits are recorded
User :   thank you. good bye
Doctor :   i would ask you to take preparations which do contain these minerals like one from Ensure , nutrilite etc
Doctor :   you are welcome
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me , kindly provide your feedback
Doctor :   Bye
Doctor :   take care
User :   thanks
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor