Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Self isolation and social anxiety - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Anxiety and Stress
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User :   I have been suffering from social anxiety and self-isolation for a while now. Who is the best Doctor in Bangalore to help me overcome this? Thanks
Doctor :Hi
User :   Hi
Doctor :   You must see a Psychiatrist for this kind of problem.
Doctor :   My suggestion would be to see one who is trained in NIMHANS
User :   Yes, but would it be possible to suggest any competent one in Bangalore
Doctor :   Yes,
Doctor :   Bharghava Mind Clinic,Aravund Avenue Road.
User :   I have consulted some when younger and many just told me to snap out of it which hasn't helped
Doctor :   Narayanapura
Doctor :   Kundanhalli gate
User :   Ok, will consult Dr Hebbar. Thanks!
Doctor :   Kindly say that you have been referred from HealthcareMagic
User :   Sure, any other?
User :   Also, am I right in feeling this needs help?
Doctor :   You must trust one doctor and must be able to follow up with the same doctor, as it may be a prolonged treatment , and need many sessions.
Doctor :   yes,you are right .If your problem is interrupting your daily life , you may ned help.
User :   Of course, but as I said, many have just brushed it aside and facing my fears hasnt really helped
User :   Anyway, will contact dr Hebbar. Thanks for your advice!
Doctor :   I feel this problem has to be tackled with lot of patience from your end as well as regular sittings from the doctor, along with medicines, behavior modifications may also be needed ,this takes time and you will feel better.
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   good.
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me
Doctor :   Bye for now.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor