Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Scars on face, cheek - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Beauty & Cosmetics
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
Doctor :   hI
User :   hi
Doctor :   How can I help you?
User :   i have a scar on my face
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Where is it located? What is your age and when did you get the scar?
Doctor :   Are you with me?
User :   on my cheek,i am 24...i got it as i scratched somethng during nght vn i ws asleep
Doctor :   Ok
User :   i consulted 1 doctor n was asked to apply dt the rght option
Doctor :   You need to consult a Cosmetic Surgeon for examination,
Doctor :   and discuss the various options
Doctor :   For large scars
Doctor :   there is scar excision that can be done.
Doctor :   to make the scar look less prominent
User :   is dis treatment gud or has side effects later
Doctor :   For smaller superficial scars, filling or dermabrasion can be tried.
Doctor :   The scar cannot be completely removed but made to look less prominent after any therapy. There are less complications.
Doctor :   Laser scar removal therapies are also available.
Doctor :   For that you should consult a dermatologist and discuss the various options
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor