Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

Safe contraception, wants pills to be suggested. - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Pregnancy
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   Please proceed with your query.
User :   Hi
User :   Hello..
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Ok
User :   I'll be getting married soon
User :   we are looking for some safe contraceptions
User :   how shud we procced?
User :   shud we consult a gynaecologist?
Doctor :   The best contraception in newly wed couple would be IUCD implantation or can also opt oral contraceptive pills.
Doctor :   For IUCD implantation you need to see a gynecologist as she needs to implant it in the uterus.
User :   can u suggest pills?
Doctor :   The implants will have hormonal implants which will secrete regularly in small doses for years.
User :   or we shud consult a regular gynaec?
Doctor :   As contraceptive pills are prescription based medicines, you need to see a gynecologist who will after examination prescribe you the pills.
User :   which is better
Doctor :   IUCD is considered better as it has low failure rates and its for long term.
Doctor :   There is no need for regular removal or addition.
Doctor :   Are there any more queries for me to help you with?
User :   thanks a ton doctor!
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me
Doctor :   Take care
User :   hav a nice day!!
Doctor :   Sure
Doctor :   Bye for now.
User :   no
User :   we will see a gynecologist
Question is related to
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor