Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

STD tests for burning at the end of the penis - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   Hi
I went to my doctor for burning at the end of my penis. He took blood and a cultral of my penis. He said they would check for unirary infection. If i have a std would they automatically find it in the test, when they are looking for the unirary infection?
Doctor :   hello
Doctor :   i am Dr here
Doctor :   may i know your age and gender please ??
User :   male 57
Doctor :   tell me more about your symptoms ?
User :   every now and then i get a small burning from my skin on my penis.
Doctor :   during urinating do you feel any discomfort ?
User :   no, no other problems at all
Doctor :   any fever ?
User :   no
Doctor :   ok now let me answer your query
Doctor :   if the test is only done to find out a UTI ( urinary track infection ) then it wont show a STD
User :   i went online and went to one of their labs and was tested for std a week ago, and everything came back ok. are these labs reliable?
Doctor :   you did gave in your sample right ?
User :   i gave blood and urine.
Doctor :   yes the test at a reliable lab will be correct
User :   ok . thats all i need to know. thank you very much
Doctor :   your most welcome
Doctor :   take care of your self
Question is related to
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor