Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

STD infections - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   I think I may have been exposed to gonorhea, chlamydia and syphilis. I have amoxicillin and ampicillin and was wondering if either of those would work. I don't want to go to a clinic if I dont have to as it is reported then to the health department.
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   Dr ... here
Doctor :   Let me read your query
Doctor :   May i know your age please?
User :   30
Doctor :   In my opinion you need a complete STD screening to rule out the exact causative organism and also a complete vaginal swab of your partner to rule out the disease.
Doctor :   As the STD diseases require a complete examination and also proper medications.
User :   I see
Doctor :   And if not treated properly can lead to complications.
User :   so those medications would have no affect. The one I am most concerned about is syphilis as my partner already told me they are infected
User :   I also have red burning circles on my penis
Doctor :   Just taking self medications would not be helpful
Doctor :   These red burning circles suggest an infection called Balinitis which is an infection of penis.
Doctor :   Are you also having foul smelling discharge?
User :   no
Doctor :   Syphilis is a sexually transmitted disease and definitely needs an aggressive treatment with medications after proper examination.
User :   ok
Doctor :   Completely avoid having unprotected intercourse.
Doctor :   Wash your genitals with nantibacterial soap and water daily
Doctor :   Do not wear very tight undies as this may aggravate the condition.
Doctor :   Wear loose cotton clothes
User :   oh ok
User :   thank you, i will make an appointment to get tested
Doctor :   Is there anything else i can help you with?
User :   no thank you
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me, bye for now

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor