Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
129 Doctors are Online

STD exposure, condom break - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
User :   hello sir i m 22 yr old male i am very tensed as 1 month back i had sex with a prostitute and condom broke and i ejaculate inside her . i asked her if is there any problem i have to face she said dont worry she is not sick and dont have any disease . from that day i m very tensed i done my hiv test and it came negative . but the doctor says u have to wait 3 month after tht incident . doctor im reallly tensed and mind is not working atall
User :   after that i had again visited her but not done sex as i just wanted 2 talk with her wen i talked with her she said she get check regulary after every 15 days she said she does her blood check up now my query is tht i dont think blood check up shows hiv now 1 & 1/2 month are still there to check my hiv status
Doctor :   Yes you must do HIV antibody tests after 8weeks
User :   but sir im really tensed wht u think wht are the possibilities of hiv
Doctor :   it is almost impossible to guess who has or who may get it.
User :   so should i remain calm or tensed coz tension is not going out of my mind
Doctor :   Remain calm
Doctor :   Just get the tests done
User :   tell me some thing so that my mind can be calm as negative thinking are coming in my mind
Doctor :   The chances of acquiring the disease is less than 1%
User :   thankyou very much hope i get negative result and live my life gracefully
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor