Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Rumbling in abdomen, excess masturbution - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Men's Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User :   i, I'm a 29 year old male in reasonably good health. I have a very embarrassing problem that I am too ashamed to go to my doctor about and am very anxious about. Up until a few days ago, I used to masturbate very regularly in addition to the normal sexual relationship I have with my partner. However, recently, when masturbating I started to feel a strange sensation in my groin/perineum area, like when you get rumbling in your abdominal area - very difficult to describe. I'm not sure if that's connected or not. The end result is that I can no longer get an erection, not through arousal or manual stimulation. If I do try and achieve an erection, the sides of my penis aches and if I gently press what I think is the deep dorsal vein (the main on that runs in to the penis on it's dorsal, it hurts as well. There's also a general ache to my penis in general. I'm very worried that I might have done permanent damage or that's there's something seriously wrong with it. I would greatly appreciate if anyone could explain what's going on for me, please? Thank you very much.
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   let me read
User :   Hello, I've written my problem above
Doctor :   is there any burning sensation while passing urine ?
User :   No, nor any discolouration or brusing. No evidence of burst vessels either.
Doctor :   is there any change in the color of the semen ?
User :   I can't get an erection, so I cann't tell. It was normal before.
User :   It just aches when I try and get an erection, around the sides and with the main vessel if I press it gently on the surface.
Doctor :   this is from how many days ?
User :   It's been like this for a few days now, and I'm very worried. There's been no great trauma or anything.
Doctor :   relax
User :   I'm worried that the cause is organic
Doctor :   lets find out what it is
User :   Thank you
Doctor :   do you have nay other medical problem ?
User :   I have a bit of depression and anxiety because I'm doing a PhD.
Doctor :   ok
User :   I'm hoping that I might just have overdone things and it needs a rest. I'm only young, so I'm hoping if there's any damage (whatever it is), it'll repair.
Doctor :   before you noticed the pain sensation did you had an erection for a long time ?
User :   No, nothing like that. It wasn't pain and I'm not sure if it's connected. It felt like something deep and internal, a weird sensation.
Doctor :   ok
User :   No knocks or any blunt trauma.
User :   It looks perfectly normal just looking at it.
Doctor :   it is very unlikely that you have damaged the penis
User :   There's no pain when it's palpated as flaccid.
Doctor :   pain or that vague sensation there when its getting erect ?
User :   Do you think there's any chance that I've caused a severe venous leakage? No, when I was masturbating.
User :   I'm sorry it all sounds really embarrassing.
Doctor :   severe venous leakage will be very painful and causes pain in flaccid state and cause the swelling of the penis

Doctor :   probably you have over done or was little rough while masturbating
User :   So, hopefully, through masturbation it is unlikely I have reduced the capacity of my penis to hold blood?
Doctor :   this is the cause for the deep vague discomfort
Doctor :   what it requires adequate rest for quite some time
Doctor :   need to take anti - inflammatory medicine
User :   Because, as I've been led to believe it, masturbation isn't supposed to damage the penis - at least not permanently?
Doctor :   masturbation do not cause any damage
User :   Right. So if I give it adequate rest (having learnt my lesson) do you think it should start working normally again?
Doctor :   but at times due to over doing or in hyper excitation people do handle roughly and do break the erect penis
Doctor :   but all of them do recover completely if proper rest is given
User :   I don't think it's broken because it just looks normal. As I said, there's no bruising or anything to it.
Doctor :   i did not say you have broken the penis
User :   No, that was one of my concerns.
Doctor :   no you have not broken the penis
Doctor :   to continue with what you have to do
User :   okay
Doctor :   Tab ibuprofen 400 mg after food twice a day for a week is sufficient as an anti- inflammatory
Doctor :   do not indulge in sex or masturbation for a week
Doctor :   the discomfort should disappear in a weeks time
User :   And do you think that my ability to get an erection will return?
Doctor :   it should return
User :   Okay, what should I do then, if it doesn't?
Doctor :   if the pain continues and you are unable to get full erection you need to under go following tests
Doctor :   Complete blood count, urine routine , semen analysis, PSA, testosterone hormone levels
Doctor :   and radiological investigations like ultrasound of the abdomen and scrotum, trans rectal ultrasound and color doppler of the penis
User :   Okay, thank you doctor.
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting health care magic
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor