Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Right treatment for 65 yr old with hole in heart - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions

Doctor :   Hello XXXXXXXX .
User :   Hello Doctor
Doctor :   How can I help ?
User :   Dear Doctor,My father ( Age:65) is having a hole in heart about 25mm since birth. Unfortunately we couldnot realized it in the earlier stage. After Angiogram test, Doctor has confirmed the presence of hole. My query is
1. Is it the right time for the Device Surgery as he is 65yrs old?
2. Will there be any benefit from the surgery? ( as he is quite fit now)
3. Which surgerys is at low risk? ( Device or OpenHeart)
Thanks in advance.
User :   His BP is normal and no sugar
Doctor :   1) It is Quite Subjective and needs to be decided on the Symptoms of the patient.
Doctor :   Certainly there will be Benefit from the Surgery.
Doctor :   3) Minimal Interventional Surgeries are very Beneficial considering his age
Doctor :   They have been Answered according to your Order of Questions.
User :   Thanks Doctor
Doctor :   you are Welcome.
Doctor :   Is there any thing Else that you would need ?
Doctor :   Please fill the feedback form say done when done
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor