Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Right testicle pain and doppler test - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Testicle Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3632 Questions
User :   Hi my name is,My concern in about my groin, in particular my right testicle. About 4 weeks ago I had a crash on dirtbike where my groin was impacted. The initial impact only caused moderate pain in the testicles and I was able to walk around almost straight after the impact and continue riding my motobike... However for 4 weeks now I have been experiencing a subtle ache / pain in my right testicle and above/inside along the tubes of the testicle... The pain sometimes is there depending how i sit or lay down. Also if I flick or bump the testicle slightly there is a noticeable pain... And its been like this for 4 weeks now, should I get an ultrasound??
Doctor :   Hi,
Doctor :   Dr XXXXXXX here
User :   Hello:)
Doctor :   Please give me a couple of minute to read your post
Doctor :   yes, there is need of an Doppler of the testis
Doctor :   due to the injury there might be a resultant compromise in the blood supply to testis which might be the cause of the pain
User :   I guess, my concern is increased because my whole life when ever getting hit in the balls even really hard, I would always remember getting up after a couple of minutes and walking it off... But this time the impact wasnt or didnt even feel really painfull but now there is an ongoing subtle pain ....
User :   right...
Doctor :   this indicates any vascular problem than anatomical
User :   Iam also predominantly concerned about fertility... I can still ejaculate normally...
Doctor :   subtle pains are the commonest presentations if there is compromise in blood supply
User :   right...
Doctor :   thats fine , get a semen analysis too , to confirm the functioning
Doctor :   Color doppler and semen analysis will help you to know the exact cause
Doctor :   of the pain
User :   would vascular constriction of blood supply affect the functioning or kill functioning of the testicle regarding fertility
Doctor :   yes , but on long term, i mean years
User :   so i should nt be streesed to much yet about fertility... cosidering only 4/5 weeks
Doctor :   yes,
User :   Color doppler and semen analysis first...
Doctor :   yes,
User :   Do i hav to See GB first to initiate?
Doctor :   consult an urologist with the reports he after examining physically will be able to come up with exact diagnosis
Doctor :   need not you can ask for the tests by yourself
User :   o ok ...
Doctor :   Is there anything i can help you with ?
User :   just for contrast purposes , my Gb said wait 4- 6 weeks and if still hurting come back... but you say if there is any prolonged pain then it warrants these tests...
User :   Iam naturally of the view to get these test done now.
Doctor :   i suggets get them now
Doctor :   suggest*
Doctor :   since it had already been 4 weeks by which the pain would have been gone if its only due to remains of the trauma
User :   Thankyou very much , this is my first time using this service .. this is great
User :   I think we can end the chat
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me , kindly provide your feedback
Doctor :   ok
Bye for now
User :   thankyou byby!! wildo
Doctor :   Take care
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor