Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Riding a roller coaster after one year of ruptured uterus - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Average Posted in: Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User :   My uterus ruptured 1 year ago while i was 26 weeks pregnant because of a car accident. The baby died and i lost so much blood. My doctor told me that my uterus was ruptured from the upper section and i had two ruptures one in the back and one in front. I want to know after a year of the accident how healed my incisions are? And i'm going to travel in one month so is it ok to ride roller coasters?
Doctor :   Hi
User :   Hello
Doctor :   It takes 6 months for bones to achieve their maximum tensile strength following an injury
Doctor :   so you can imagine how long it would
Doctor :   take for a soft tissue like the uterus to achieve
Doctor :   its maximum tensile strength
Doctor :   There is absolutely nothing to
Doctor :   worry, you can ride a rocket now
User :   Lol thanks alot
User :   Ok how about the pregnancy? Do i have to wait for one more year or is it safe to get pregnant soon?
Doctor :   Yes about pregnancy, there is a slight complication
Doctor :   There is a scar tissue in your uterus
Doctor :   which will prevent implantation of the fertilized embryo
Doctor :   at that region
Doctor :   so the implantaion may occur lower causing certain problems, this is a rare possibilty which you must be prepared for
User :   What happens if i had lower implantation?.
Doctor :   A condition called Placenta previa
User :   Thanks alot my time is almost up, bye
Doctor :   which will be diagnosed without a problem & managed very easily
Doctor :   nothing to worry bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor