Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Rib pain post intercourse - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Women Sexual Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User :   I had intercourse w my husband 6 hours ago, immediately after I had severeabdominal pain that has radiated to my ribs, and now I have collar bone pain....i have been in bed on my side since, the pain is not subsiding and it is bad enough I can't even sit up in bed let alone get up and walk around, I have no insurance so I can't go to er unless absolutely necessary....what advice can you give me, is it something serious or would it be a waste of money to go to er for something that may go away on it's own? Please help, the pain is unbearable. Thank you
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   dR
Doctor :   let me read ur query
User :   hello
Doctor :   do u have any bleeding etc ?
Doctor :   any abdominal cramps, fever etc ?
User :   no bleeding or vaginal discharge, sharp pains all through my stomach...alsp no cance I am pregnant...had tubal ligation back in 97
User :   pain in collar bones is similar to that when you have abdominal surgery and they use the gas to pump you up to see ur organs
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   may i know ur age ?
User :   of course I am 33 yo
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   did u have any pain before having intercourse ?
User :   none whatsoever, but the sex was slightly rougher than usual.
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   are u able to move around without pain ?
Doctor :   In that case, you might consider taking some advil for the pain
Doctor :   are u there ?
User :   I take vicodin for chronic knee problems, and that isn't even touching it, I can't move at all w/out pain
Doctor :   sometimes rough sex associated with your symptoms of severe pain , that increases on movement can be associated with vaginal tears
Doctor :   but in such cases, bleeding from the vagina is present
Doctor :   you might consider to visit the ER for an examination
Doctor :   so that it can be ruled out
Doctor :   delayed treatment can result in complicaitons
User :   no bleeding terrible pain from pelvis to ribs to collarbones
Doctor :   that seems to be serious
Doctor :   you should consider to visit the ER
Doctor :   i hope you have understood my advice
Doctor :   thanks for consulting me here
Doctor :   take care and bye for now
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor