Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Retinal detachment - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions

Doctor :   hi
Doctor :  
how can i help you?
User :   Hello
User :   I have a query about retaina detachment
Doctor :  
User :   last month my father in law undergone operation for retina detachment for 2nd eye also
User :   I heard he will regain eye sight around 50 to 60%
User :   is it possible to go for complete eye replacement if needed
User :   ?
Doctor :  
do you mean to ask for eye donation and replacement of cornea?
Doctor :  
or for retinal detachment?
User :   replacement
Doctor :  
Doctor :  
you cannot replace the eye
User :   because he undergone retaina detachment operation for both the eyes
Doctor :  
Doctor :  
so he will regain vision
User :   first eye got vission of 30% only, 4 years back got operated
User :   yes
Doctor :  
and now he should take precautions to prevent it
Doctor :  
does he have diabetes and hypertension?
User :   No
User :   physically he is 100% fit.
Doctor :  

Doctor :  
so in the surgery they would have reattached the retinal layer
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Other doctor chats you may be interested in
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor