Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Replacement of spectacles with contact lens for blurred vision - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions

Doctor :   hi
User :   hello doctor!
Doctor :   how can i help you
User :   i have a question to ask about my eye..
Doctor :   ya sure go on
User :   my eye had been injured about 9 years back and they has replaced the lens now I want to try the contact lenses... can i wear contact lenses
User :   ?
Doctor :   k sure i will help u
Doctor :   how did that injury happen
Doctor :   wat was the final diagnosis
User :   i was wearing spectacles that time and a shuttle cock racket hit my glasses...
Doctor :   and only the lens was replaced
User :   and something pierced into my right eye and the natural lens got damaged..
Doctor :   do u have vision problems?
Doctor :   whats the power of ur lens
User :   yes only the lens was replaced... and the vision is blurred now... because of the scar ,,, the number is 4.5 cylindrical, 1.5 spherical
Doctor :   wats ur age and occupation
User :   (both in minus sign)
User :   age = 26 and occupation = software engineer
Doctor :   ya u can use but for that
Doctor :   u have to recheck ur power once
User :   okay
User :   what kind of lenses shud i buy? soft/semisoft/hard ?
Doctor :   and consult an opthalmologist
Question is related to
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor