Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Renal calculi - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Kidney Conditions
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 681 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
User :   hi
User :   this is about urololy problem
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you ?
User :   my wife suffered withe severe pain in the right side of the stomach yesterday
User :   we have got it tested
Doctor :   Ok
User :   they told 5 mm stone was there in kidneys and it passed out of the kidney
Doctor :   Ok.
User :   5mm vuj calculuis
Doctor :   Ok..
User :   they told as it came out of the kidney it can not be melted
User :   how shall we proceed with it now
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Did you consult a urologist or a nephrologist for this ?
User :   yes we consulted urologist
User :   he told that if you want we can do the surgery
User :   but please let us know if thert is any other treatment for it
Doctor :   But that is not required
Doctor :   if it is 5mm
Doctor :   Are you sure the calculi is 5mm
User :   yes
User :   exact impression is
Doctor :   It can be easily flushed out or broken into smaller pieces by laser treatment.
User :   right side obstructive uropathy due to 5 mm vuj calculus
Doctor :   Ok.
User :   is laser treatment possible even if the stone came out of kidney
User :   it is in the tube after the kidney
Doctor :   Ok, In VUJ, Though the 5 mm may not pass out, but I have seen cases where 6 mm stones pass out sometiimes
Doctor :   It depends a lot from person to person.
Doctor :   And laser therapy is not usually done once it passes out of the renal tissue or kidney
Doctor :   But flush therapy can be useful sometimes.
User :   could you please give us more details about flush therapy
User :   also please suggest hostital/doctor in hyderabad
User :   currently we are planning to consult dr rajagopal in apollo hostial, jubilee hills, hyd
Doctor :   It can be done , where in a large amount of fluids are given under a urologist's supervision. And also given diuretics
Doctor :   if it is flushed out , it is fine , or else they observe for 24 hrs and then they go for a surgery.
Doctor :   What kind of renal stone is it ?
Doctor :   Have they specified ?
User :   it is mentioned in the report that 5mm vuj calculus
Doctor :   Uric acid stones and certain types of calcium stones are easily eliminated through urination after they are crushed.
Other types of calcium stones do not fragment easily and their stone-free success rate is only slightly more than 40 percent.
Small cystine stones break up easily, but most large ones are difficult to shatter.
User :   renal size shape contour in normal limits
Doctor :   Ok.
User :   can the type of stone be find out during scanning
Doctor :   That is fine.
User :   it is also mentioned that
Doctor :   Usually they do a urine test and can detect from it whether it is calcium or uric acid and we give enzymatic medicine for its dissolution.
User :   right kidney show mild hydrouretero nephrosis due to 5mm vuj calculus
User :   so before the surgery shall we try these things
Doctor :   The person's blood and urine will be studied to measure the levels of calcium, electrolytes, uric acid, and other components. In addition, the acidity of the urine is checked. When possible, a kidney stone itself will be analyzed to determine the type of stone so that the appropriate treatment can be planned.
Doctor :   Yes.
Doctor :   I shall ask the CRM Team to send you best Urologist's phone and address for ocnsultation in hyd.
User :   please suggest good hospital/doctor in hyderabad for the treatment
Doctor :   The CRM Team shall send you a mail
Doctor :   Please leave your mail id
User :   external mail id
User :   corporate mail id
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   I shall ask them to do it in one hour
User :   one hour is fine for me waiting for the info thank you so much
User :   she has one more problem
User :   though she is getting regular periods, they are not losting for 3 days
User :   periods are lasting for only 1 or 2 days
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   She may be anemic.
Doctor :   what is her hemoglobin level ?
User :   we also doubted about it
User :   yet to cfhek hemo level
User :   to raise the level what care we shall take
Doctor :   You have to give her iron rich diet
Doctor :   beet root
Doctor :   green leaves
Doctor :   spinach
Doctor :   lettuce
User :   will the green leaves result in stones again
Doctor :   sprouts
Doctor :   Oh yes , not spinach and lettuce
Doctor :   and no cabbage and cauliflower
Doctor :   and tomato
Doctor :   And if you are a non-vegetarian
Doctor :   liver and bone marrow of chicken and mutton.
User :   and any fruits
Doctor :   Hope you have followed
Doctor :   Almonds, anjur and dates are the best.
User :   dry anjir is also fine right
Doctor :   Yes.
User :   thanks a lot for the info doctor
User :   befor going for the testing for stones
Doctor :   Thank you for consulting me, take care, bye for now
User :   can she have some fodd and water
Doctor :   Yes.
User :   or having the fodd will affect the test like scanning
Doctor :   She can have fluids , no issue
Doctor :   and food
Doctor :   But only fluids and juices would be mor ehelpful.
User :   thanks doctor, waitingh for consulation info from your team
User :   thanks
Doctor :   take care
Doctor :   bye for now
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor