Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

Remedy to reduce weight - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Weight Loss
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1776 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you
User :   yes sir
User :   my sister is now 85 kgs weight
User :   her age is 23
Doctor :   ok
User :   pls give me ways to reduce the weight
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   For Administrative and health purposes, Please provide these details -Age: Gender: Occupation: Location: Marital Status: User :   I am afraid of her health in future
User :   Age : 23, Gender : Male , Occupation : Graphic Designer, Location : , Marital Status : Unmarried
User :   sorry
Doctor :   Assess the BMI with the above lin
User :   Age : 23, Gender : FEMALE , Occupation : Graphic Designer, Location : , Marital Status : Unmarried
Doctor :   WWW.WWWW.WW Doctor :   sorry below link
User :   33 BMI
Doctor :   It is too high
Doctor :   She has very high risk of Metabolic disease in future
User :   ok sir,
Doctor :   ask her to immediately check with the doctor for medical reasons
Doctor :   of wt problems
Doctor :   Thyroid, PCOD, DIabetes BP should be checked
User :   ok sir
Doctor :   Let me tell you in brief
Doctor :   how to proceed
Doctor :   The weight loss program is essentially a multi team approach including Dietician, Physical Trainer and General physician
Doctor :   First you should see the doctor to rule out any medical cause of Obesity
User :   obesity means ??
User :   may i send her to Gym
Doctor :   Obesity is a condition of overweight
Doctor :   which is too dangerous if not answered at right time
Doctor :   First ask her to see the doctor to check for the complete health status
Doctor :   The BMI should be less than 23
User :   she is very lazy and no food control. she can't be with out eating chicken twice in a week.
Doctor :   it is 33 which is very
Doctor :   high
Doctor :   First you should see the doctor to rule out any medical cause of Obesity and if no cause is found, depending on your general health there are few medicines to treat Obesity
User :   ok sir , I will do it immediatley
Doctor :   Now a days there are many
Doctor :   sorry few surgeries to reduce the fat
Doctor :   so dont ask her to wait
User :   ok sir
Doctor :   There is a surgical procedure done in higher centers if the BMI is greater than 37 called the Bariatric Surgery or If BMI is greater than 32 and with at least two or more complications associated with Obesity.
Doctor :   The Complications the obese people may be prone to are Hypertension, Heart Disease, Diabetes, Metabolic Syndrome, Arthritis, Gall stones, Gastritis etc
Doctor :   I would recommend her to take the advice of a nutritionist who can help with the menu you require based on your diet patterns. For all weight problems, please visit and register at, you can also call them alternatively at 0000
User :   ok sir
Doctor :   If you wish, we can fix up your appointment with a doctor in Bangalore if you are
Doctor :   Please fill the feedback form while I type the information you needed.
User :   Thank you sir, I will start the steps from today and nowonwards.
Doctor :   There are some surgeries to decrease the stomach size
Doctor :   and patient doesnt eat too much
Doctor :   Vertical banding gastroplasty or gastric banding
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting Health care magic. Bye for now. Please refer your friends to our service
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor