Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Remedy for severe constipation - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Constipation
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2570 Questions
User :   Dear User, You have started the test chat with our doctor. The duration of the test chat is 5 minutes. After the trial period, you will be redirected to the Payment page
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help you
User :   I'm 16 and i have been constipated since yesterday. i took 2 dulcolax today, took a warm bath. and when i go to the bathroom, it feels like it is stuck and i can't get anything out. i'm miserable. what should i do?
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   u need to take lot of fluids
Doctor :   have banana and plenty of vegetables and furits
User :   I have been drinking water all day, and a cup of hot cocoa
Doctor :   dont take cocoa
Doctor :   it will cause constipation
User :   Ok. I'm just really miserable. I don't know what to do.
Doctor :   is that hurting u
User :   Yes
Doctor :   then u can get XXX
User :   Because i feel like i have to use the bathroom
Doctor :   it will relieve
Doctor :   visit nurse practisioner or physician
User :   Do i have to go to the doctor for that?
Doctor :   they will give u XXX
User :   Can you buy those OTC?
Doctor :   if dulcolax is not working
Doctor :   then u got to see the physician
Doctor :   they will help you out
Doctor :   dont slef medicate
User :   I don't think dulcolax did anything to me. i have to poop, but i can't get it out
Doctor :   yes i understand
User :   So should i let my mom buy an XXX at the store?
Doctor :   XXX will help u overcome this problem
User :   do they hurt?
Doctor :   they will help u overcome this problem
Doctor :   once u pass stools
Doctor :   u will be fine
Doctor :   how old are you
User :   Does it hurt when getting an enema?
User :   i am 16
Doctor :   do u have any other medical problems other than this
User :   no
Doctor :   since ur in pain, i would suggest u to get a XXX
Doctor :   at the earliest

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor