Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Remedy for pain in the knees due to elevated uric acid levels - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3622 Questions
User :   Dear User, You have started the test chat with our doctor. The duration of the test chat is 5 minutes. After the trial period, you will be redirected to the Payment page.
Doctor :   Hi
User :   Dear Dr.
Doctor :   How can I help you?
User :   I have pain in my knees , which I am told due to Uric Acid
Doctor :   Ok
User :   Is there any way how I can improve it through medication and diet control?
User :   I am 26 years old, atheletic built.
Doctor :   Yes. Have you gotten yourself evaluated for this previously?
Doctor :   Does anyone in your family have this problem?
User :   yes, the uric acid level was more towards high...and the docs informed me not to put much strain upon the legs, and other joints.. but that is not a solution. If there is any way I can cure it, it would be best.
User :   None has uric acid in family.
Doctor :   You should avoid foods that increase the uric acid levels in the body like Organ meats (liver, kidney) and Fish
Doctor :   Avoid alcohol or drink it in moderation.
Doctor :   Drink plenty of fluids but avoid sweetened soft drinks.
User :   okay
Doctor :   Maintain a healthy weight.
User :   I am noting.
User :   alright doc...sure I'll take care of these..
Doctor :   Regular pain killers can be used for acute pain.
User :   Is it advisable that I do light excercise?
Doctor :   You should also take medications as prescribed regularly by the rheumatologist who examined you.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor