Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Remedy after getting electric shock - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Brain and Spine
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User :   hi, yesterday at work i got an electric shock from a 240 volt device
At the time i could feel the effects on my hand which is where i touched the device.
A day later the right side of my body feels funny, from my calfs up to my shoulders and neck. I am not in agony or anything like that
My question is should i go and see a doctor?
Doctor :   Hi
User :   hi
User :   how are you
User :   did you get my question?
Doctor :   following shock did you loose conscious ?
User :   no it wasnt that bad
User :   just a shock as i wasnt expecting it
Doctor :   is there any mark of burn at the point of contact with the electricity
User :   no but there is a slight burning feeling
Doctor :   ok than there is superficial burns
User :   the point of contact was my hand
Doctor :   no need to see the doctor
Doctor :   in few days the injury will get recovered
User :   ok thanks, just to reassuyre me i can ffel my right hsoulder and even back of my head
User :   it isntt a bad pain
User :   but can feel it
Doctor :   you can take tab ibuprofen to relieve the symptoms
User :   also my right leg around the calf
User :   no its ok i just dont want anything serious to happen :O)
Doctor :   nothing happens
User :   i can put up with uit
Doctor :   it is the passage of current the pathway
User :   ok thanks i thought i better make sure
Doctor :   and it is mildly sore
User :   yes
Doctor :   it take time for the recovery from the soreness
User :   ok thank you
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor