Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Rejection to take insulin - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Diabetes
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   my uncle is a diabetic and is refusing to take is insulin and his other meds can i have him 302'ed for this cause he is hurting him self and he knows it?
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   I'm Dr....
User :   Hello my uncle is diabetic and refuses to take his insulin and his other meds can he be 302'ed for this
Doctor :   Since when is he suffering from diabetes ?
User :   years
Doctor :   302'ed?
User :   yes like when you threaten suicide
Doctor :   Ok
User :   since he is hurting himself by not taking his insulin and meds
Doctor :   Any particular reason for not taking insulin
User :   he keeps refusing now on 3rd day
Doctor :   Like pain in site
User :   no just said he ain't taking it
Doctor :   Did you ask him why?
User :   and he knows this could kill him
User :   yes he said he just don't want it
Doctor :   Did you tell what will happen if he doesn't take it?
User :   so could i 302 him
User :   ?
User :   yes
User :   i did
User :   tell him
Doctor :   302 is it section of law?
User :   yes
Doctor :   Ok
User :   when you try suicide
Doctor :   Ok
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor