Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Regular stomach problem after jaundice - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: General Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help you
User :   Hello
Doctor :   please go ahead with ur medical query
User :   ya....gimme a min
User :   actually I had Jaundice some 1 yr. back
Doctor :   ok
User :   after that I have regular problems with my stomach
Doctor :   For Administrative and health purposes, Please provide these details -Age: Gender: Occupation: Location: Marital Status: Weight and Height: Dependents: Yes/ No
User :   age: 25
Doctor :   could u specify what type of problem
User :   gender- female
User :   I meanacidity problems
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   r u taking any medicine for the acidity problems as of now
User :   actually to be very frank I did nt take much care during jaundice
User :   coz I was in hostel
Doctor :   ok
User :   No, I am nt taking any medicines as such
User :   take ENO at times
User :   infact my weight has also increased
Doctor :   that will give u temporary relief only
Doctor :   ok
User :   does weight increase after jaundice?
Doctor :   also u need to cut down the amount of spicy food u take
User :   ok
Doctor :   weight will be there
Doctor :   usually
Doctor :   avoid taking coffee tea
Doctor :   junk food like chips
Doctor :   also oily food
User :   I dont take coffee
Doctor :   all these will increase acidity
User :   but 1 cup of tea in the morning
User :   is tht ok
Doctor :   how long u have this problem
Doctor :   how many months
User :   its been a yr now
User :   after jaundice things have nt been the same for me
Doctor :   anytime u had endoscopy done
User :   no
User :   wats that?
Doctor :   i would suggest u please get a endoscopy done
Doctor :   also ECG to rule out cardiac cause
User :   wat is endoscopy...can u tell me that
Doctor :   endoscopy allows your doctor to see abnormalities in your upper gastrointestinal (GI) tract that may not be visible on X-rays. For the test, your doctor inserts a thin, flexible, lighted tube (endoscope) through your mouth and into your esophagus, stomach and the first part of your small intestine
Doctor :   for pain relief
Doctor :   u can take this
User :   ok
Doctor :   gelusil mps
User :   and also I have regular sores in my mouth
Doctor :   2-3 tea spoonfull
Doctor :   after meals
Doctor :   for 1 week
User :   this is a tonic
Doctor :   this is a temporary measure
Doctor :   yes
Doctor :   this will give u temporary relief
User :   ok
Doctor :   please do consult and get endoscopy done
Doctor :   ok
User :   ya sure
User :   can I ur name please
Doctor :   anything else u want us to help u with
Doctor :   have food 2 hours before u go to bed
Doctor :   and also avoid wearing tight upper tee shirst
Doctor :   shirst
Doctor :   shirts
User :   ya thats ok
Doctor :   ok
User :   anyways I have gained weight :)
Doctor :   do write us
User :   ya sure
Doctor :   u need strict diet control
Doctor :   and exercise to lose weight
Doctor :   cut down sweets, rice
User :   am doing that
User :   is 1 cup of tea ok in a day
User :   or shud ignore tht too???
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   u can take
User :   ok
Doctor :   I would recommend you to take the advice of a nutritionist who can help you with the menu you require based on your diet patterns.
For all weight problems, please visit and, you can also call them alternatively at 0000
Doctor :   u can take diet advise here
User :   ok.
User :   tht wud be great
User :   thanks a lot
Doctor :   ur welcome
Doctor :   have a nice day
Doctor :   u can write to us
Doctor :   YYYY@YYYY
Doctor :   YYYY@YYYY
Mobile : 0000
Doctor :   confirm ur details
User :   ya sure
User :   you too
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor