Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Regarding pace maker - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   hello doctor
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you?
User :   86/F
User :   the query is with respect to my grand mother
User :   she had complained of severe breathlessness about 3 months back
User :   and then we had her examined by a cardio doc
User :   and he had said she needed a pacemaker to be implanted
Doctor :   Ok
User :   we did the same and she recovered well in the last 3 months
Doctor :   Good
User :   a few days back, when we went to check with the same doc on her complaint that her left hand used to always shake
User :   the doctor said the voltage of the pacemaker had to be reduced
Doctor :   ok
User :   he did that and the shaking stopped
User :   however, while he did that, he also discovered that the pacemaker has moved away from its original place and is now not helping the heart
User :   he said, such cases are rare but do happen
User :   he said it has to be opened again and placed correctly
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   is she having any symptoms
Doctor :   like breathlessness
Doctor :   chest pain
Doctor :   hi are yu there
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor