Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Reddish skin on penis, white foul smelling discharge. - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   How can I help you?
Doctor :   Dr. XXXXXXXX here.
Doctor :   please proceed with your health query
User :   hi
User :   i am 28 M from mumbai
User :   recently i found my skin on pensis become redish
Doctor :   ok. do you identify any precipitating cause for it? like sexual intercourse or injury?
User :   and some time i found white liquid come around which smell
User :   no i have been to STD clinic, tested VDRL & HIV but all reports are normal
Doctor :   ok. did they test for gonorrhea, chlamydia, herpes also?
User :   no
User :   only VDRL
User :   what os gonorrhea, chlamydia, herpes?
Doctor :   ok. I would recommend a complete STD screening you along with an examination done by a urologist
Doctor :   these are other infections that come under STD group
Doctor :   you can see my recommendations on the right hand side of your chat window, click on them to go ahead with them.
User :   what could be a cause of these infections
Doctor :   any sexual contact can cause these.
Doctor :   STD means sexually transmitted diseases.
Doctor :   and it comprises of many infections like gonorrhrea, chlamydia, syphilis, HIV, herpes, and few others
Doctor :   there are screening tests available to see which of thase are causing you symptoms
Doctor :   and treatment is directed towards that
Doctor :   have you followed what I have said?
Doctor :   are you there?
User :   yes
User :   i am following the same
Doctor :   is there anything else i can help you with?
User :   what will be a cost of all these test????
Doctor :   if you want to do it in thyrocare, i will ask one of the concerned team members to contact you

Doctor :   please provide your contact details
User :   can you please repeat what test i will have to get it done????
User :   0000
Doctor :   it is STD screening test also known as STD profile
User :   gonorrhea, chlamydia, herpes can be identified in blood?
Doctor :   WWW.WWWW.WW Doctor :   visit this link to locate urologist in your area
Doctor :   to consult for examination discussion of your reports.
User :   all these are curable????
Doctor :   they involve blood and urine test, and sometimes semen test also
Doctor :   if treatement is started early, it is better
Doctor :   few of them are curable
User :   i understand it
User :   gonorrhea, chlamydia, herpes these are curable????
Doctor :   yes
Doctor :   if treatment is started on time
Doctor :   delay wil result in complications
User :   okay
User :   will this may cause in fertality problems in near future?
Doctor :   if treatment is not done, it will cause infertility problems
Doctor :   and also cause you to infect whoever you come in contact with sexually
User :   one i will complete the STD Profile i will find the exact cause????
Doctor :   combined with a thorough examination and test results, you can arrive to the exact cause
User :   how Urologiest will help me in this conern
Doctor :   by examining you and correlating examination findings to your test results.
User :   1st STD Profile and then Urologist.... m i right?
Doctor :   yes
Doctor :   is there anything else i can help you with?
User :   how long a treatment can go?
Doctor :   treatments are different for different infections, and the duration will depend on which one affecting you.
User :   but what could be minimum and maximum time?
Doctor :   if it is hepatitis or HIV, treatment will be lifelong, if others, it may vary from few weeks to few months
User :   thank you very much for your time and help
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me. Bye for now. Please chat with our doctors 24/7 for medical queries. Please refer your friends to our service
Question is related to
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor