Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Red spot and infection of penis - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Penis Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 681 Questions
User :   i had sex on monday and during intercourse my pennis head hurt. not inside my pennis but outside like it was being pinched or scraped.the next day i had red inflamation spot on my pennis head and it had a burning feeling. i put some neosporin and after a day the pain had gone but the red inflamation spot still there. and now it looks as tough as if its dead skin or scab with white borderline of the inflamated spot. what is this and so i go to the doctor?
Doctor :   hello
User :   hi
Doctor :   i am Dr here
Doctor :   give me a min please, let me read your query
Doctor :   may i know your age please ?
User :   33
Doctor :   were you wearing a condom ?
User :   no
Doctor :   is this the first time this has ever happened ?
User :   had sex with the person before prior to this too
User :   yes first time this happened
User :   is it just an infection of some sort?
Doctor :   you are experiencing acute signs of an infection
Doctor :   yes you have to see a physician
User :   what type of physician?
Doctor :   a dermatologist
User :   not a gyno
Doctor :   no its a skin infection
User :   is this a std ?
Doctor :   STD usually does not spread that rapidly
Doctor :   i mean in like few mins like you have told me
User :   how can i get a skin infection while inside her vagina?
Doctor :   it looks more like a fungal infection which is aggravated by the friction
User :   so the partner has some vaginal infection and i caught it?
Doctor :   that could be the reason
Doctor :   is your partner having any signs ?
User :   shouldn't i go to a std doctor?
User :   no she says no problem with her
User :   no pain during sex and no strange things afterwards either
Doctor :   both a urologist and a dermatologist have the expertise to handle such cases
Doctor :   even a urologist ( std doc) can help you
User :   but you don't think this is nothing serious but some skin infection right?
User :   no std i mean
Doctor :   yes it looks more like a skin infection from the symptoms you are telling me
Doctor :   but of course you will be undergoing some tests to pinpoint the exact cause
User :   alright thanks
Doctor :   your most welcome
Doctor :   take care
User : i search for this type of physician or is there another name?
Doctor :   no thats the name
User :   ok...thanks a lot take care
Doctor :   your welcome
Doctor :   bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor