Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Red marks on skin when exposed to sunlight - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 681 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
User :   hello sir
Doctor :   How can I help you?
User :   sir i have some skin alergy as i think, could you pls help me out in this regard
Doctor :   how old are you?
User :   27
Doctor :   can you tell me a little bit more about your skin problem..
Doctor :   do you have itching/ rashes?
User :   if i go out in sun then there is some red mark comes to my skin specially on the hand (which are exposed to sunlight)then it eches
User :   sorri itches
Doctor :   how long have you been having this problem?
User :   sir i can't recall properly but on an approximate its more that 6 mnths
Doctor :   do you have itching at any other time?
User :   no previously it was my back neck, it used to itch
Doctor :   any colour change?
User :   no sorry specially if i go out then it itches
User :   some tiny tiny red shaped
User :   but distinctly visible
Doctor :   Do you have any other medical problems? asthma/ allergies?
User :   no i dont have asthma/allergies
Doctor :   are you currently on any medicines/ applying any lotion?
User :   no some 4 months back i was using candiderm , now m not using that
Doctor :   ok- who prescribed that for you?
User :   some of my fd told me that so i used but i din't get any result so stoped, by the way in winter season this disease is not so prominent
Doctor :   How long does this problem take to start and how long does it last- after exposure to the sun
User :   immediately it starts i think, but it last for so long after coming back from sun also
User :   15-30 min it take to start
Doctor :   ok- you most probably have a condition called PMLE- Polymorphous light eruption
Doctor :   in simpler terms it is allergy to sunlight
Doctor :   what you need to do is use a sunscreen lotion when you go to the sun
Doctor :   mke sure your lotion has an SPF of atleast +15 or more
Doctor :   r u thr?
User :   sir could you please suggest me some...
User :   name of the lotion or brand
Doctor :   you can use any sunscreen lotion which has SPF +15
Doctor :   dermayouth from cadila
User :   sir if i will say this in any healthcare shop will they be able to figure out
Doctor :   yes
Doctor :   DERMAYUTH
Doctor :   is the name of one sunscreen
User :   okey sir
Doctor :   if you cont to have this problem- then you need to see as dermat
Doctor :   for further treatment
User :   sure, may i have your name/number pls
User :   or can u refer me some dermat nearby jpnagar
Doctor :   i'm on health care magic chat tue- sat- same time
Doctor :   we will call you with the details
User :   ok sir i will definitely let u know abt the improvement on sat dat
Doctor :   ok
User :   thnx a lot sir, TC Bye
Doctor :   thanks for consulting us; bye for now
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor