Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Red knote on genitals, getting large, painful - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Women's Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   I am a 28 year old women and I have 2 very painful red knots on my genital region.... What do I do? I have tried popping them with no success. Now the are larger and more painful. Help!
Doctor :   Hi,
Doctor :  
User :   Hello
Doctor :   when did you first notice them ?
User :   Acouple days ago. I thought mayb it was an ingrown hair from waxing. But it's really hurting...
Doctor :   can you tell me the size of it and the site exactly ?
User :   Site almost on the outer lip of my vagina and size dime size maybe a bit smaller
Doctor :   is it filled with pus ?
User :   No I don't think so
Doctor :   are you running fever ?
User :   It's even more painful when I try to squeeze it
User :   No fever
Doctor :   well i consider it to be folliculitis which is more common in the hair growing skin specially in female genitilia

Doctor :   its a quite painfull condition
User :   So how do I make it go away? I actually have had folliculitis before from waxing....
Doctor :   it has to be examined by a gynecologist and for which appropriate antibiotics have to b put on
Doctor :   till then to bring down the pain tak tab Ibuprofen 400mg twice a day after food for three days
Doctor :   mean while visit a gynecologist
User :   Thanks!!! That eases my mind.
Doctor :   Is ther anything i can help you with ?
User :   No that's all. Thanks
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting , kindly provide your feedback
Doctor :   Bye for now
Doctor :   take care
Question is related to
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor