Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Red blotches on penis - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Penis Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2585 Questions
User :   Hi I have red blotches on the shaft of my penis. Any answers for me?
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   I
Doctor :   Since how many days you have the red blotches?
User :   Just noticed them today
Doctor :   Are you sexually active?
User :   Yes
Doctor :   How many blotches are there?
User :   I had sex about a week ago
User :   Just 2
Doctor :   Are they raised above the surrounding skin?
User :   No
Doctor :   Do you have irritation over the them or surrounding
User :   They are red
Doctor :   Do you have any pus kind of discharge from the penis?
User :   No
User :   Do u think it could be anything?
Doctor :   Red blotches are not at all worrisome for most of the men
Doctor :   They should not bother you
Doctor :   Do you have them on the glans of the penis?
User :   I should be fine then?
Doctor :   yes

Doctor :   They do not represent any STD or infection
Doctor :   Most of the men are alarmed because of the spotty penis
Doctor :   and what do their sexual partners think about them
Doctor :   So it is only a cosmetic issue
User :   I can't scroll down to read what you said
User :   Could you email me what you said after they should not bother you
Doctor :   My advice would be to ignore the red spots for another 4 weeks, and don't put anything on it at all, other than moisture lotion if you want. If it's still there, show a doctor then.
User :   YYYY@YYYY
User :   Nope just have them on the shaft
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   Are you back?
Doctor :   Let us continue
Doctor :   Are you with me?
User :   Hey doc its XXXXXXXX again I just checked on it again and all over the head of my penis is red and irritated what does this mean
Doctor :   Shall I answer you over an email?
Doctor :   Do you mean you have large spots covering the head of the penis?
Doctor :   along with shaft?
User :   Ok well I can't read anything that is on here so if you could just kindly email me again that would be great. Thank you
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Sure I shall
User :   R u there doctor????
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   I am there
Doctor :   Are you able to see me
Doctor :   I think you are chatting from your mobile then scrolling becomes difficult
Doctor :   I shall answer by an email.
User :   I can't read anything on here doc and I payed for it so if you could email me again that would be great YYYY@YYYY I just checked on the red blothes again and they are covering about 60 percent of the head of my penis and they are irritated and kinda hurt a small bit when I touch them. Any suggestions?
Doctor :   Are you with me?
User :   Even if the red blotches cover about 60 percent of my head of my penis and r irritated you don't think it could be a std and they kinda hurt a little bit??? Please email me cuz my I can't read anything on here. Thank you
Doctor :   Check the mail now
User :   Ok cool thank you so much that helps out alot
Doctor :   Pleasure
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me.
Doctor :   Bye for now
Question is related to
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor