Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Red blood corpuscles in the sperm - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Men Sexual Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2586 Questions
User :   hi i have RBC in my sperm. what could it indicate?
Doctor :   Hi
User :   rbc 1-2/hpf
Doctor :   May I know if it was in Sperm or Semen ?
User :   spermogram
Doctor :   Ok
User :   doctor said it is a small infection and wants to retest.
Doctor :   It would indicate some amount of Blood - very slight or an UTI .
User :   all other results seem ok
User :   pus cells2-3 hpf
Doctor :   Yes, a Urine culture would be better.
Doctor :   Rather than Spermatogram again.
User :   could it be a sign of std or HIV?
Doctor :   STD, I would say a possibility , but not a sign of HIV.
User :   so could be herpes and what else?
Doctor :   But UTI's are very common and seen in day to day cases
User :   so no worries and this happens a lot?
Doctor :   Herpes presents itself very often in the form of recurrent non-healing sores.
Doctor :   I would say only rbc is not confirmatory or diagnostic of herpes .
User :   don't have that but i don't know how i got 2 "kind of small rashes" near the hair line for past 2 days
User :   it is already healing????
Doctor :   Ok, Where exactly ?
User :   to right side of the face
User :   french so don't knw the name exactly
Doctor :   You are absolutely fine, herpes doesnt show up on rt.side of face.
User :   my wife has lots of UTI and "cistites"
Doctor :   So not to worry at all.
User :   could it be her giving me those abnormal RBC in sperm?
Doctor :   Yeah that is a possibility very much.
User :   so drink cramberry and don't worry, that is it?
Doctor :   A few steps : User :   those rashes + RBC in sperm scared me...
Doctor :   1. Drink lot of fluids
Doctor :   2. Drink juices
Doctor :   3. have lots of fruits & fresh veggies .
User :   and i had unprotected felacio in Thailand before my wedding...
Doctor :   How long ago was it ?
User :   9 months ;(
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   Have you screened yourself for HIV ?
User :   before yes, 2 years ago
Doctor :   I suggest you to do one after you had an oral sexual interccourse , that is after your thailand trip.
User :   ok, but that could not be the reaon for the rbc1-2 in sperm? or could it?
Doctor :   No, that can be due to any simple UTI.
User :   ok then i will do a full check up!
User :   what are the first symptoms of HIV?
Doctor :   1. loss of apetite, opportunistic infections , throat infections, weight loss, fever, frequent diarrhoeas.
Doctor :   Candidiasis or Oral thrush & URT & Pneumonias.
User :   URT?
Doctor :   It can present in any of these forms when immunity is lowered.
Doctor :   Upper respiratory infections.
User :   don't have that but today (living in India) my wife and I have small fever (38.2) and diarrheas
User :   i have always had lots of those as I travel a lot and did colonoscopy and all the test (including HIV) without finding anything. Also stressfull job
Doctor :   Ok, It could be just due to any spicy diet as is common in India or any tropical fever.
Doctor :   Ok.
User :   Inshallah as they say...!
Doctor :   Yes you are right.
User :   so one last time, "no worries" drink juices and do a full check up soon
User :   right?
Doctor :   Yes, you are right. No worries , Drinklot of fruit juices, water, veggies, aavoid spicy diet and mosquitoes and you will be fine in India.
User :   pls don't send soft copy of this conversation to my email...thank you so much and have a wonderfull day
User :   are you there too???
Doctor :   Thank you for consulting me. No we would not send it to your mail id, it is very confidential whatever you speak to your doctor here .
Doctor :   Yes I am in India too.
Take care.Bye for now.
User :   Daniavad and Namaste!
Doctor :   Namaste & Adieos.
Question is related to
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor