Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Recurring sores on the penis, STD confirmation tests - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   how can i help you
Doctor :  
It shows you have moved away from the chat, so I close the window. Please log in again for 24/7 medical help.
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help you
User :   I have a problem and I'm a little embarrassed to seek medical help>
Doctor :   Please proceed with your queries
User :   I have sores on the head of my penis.
Doctor :   There is no need to feel so.. Feel free
Doctor :   k
Doctor :   sure we will help u in this regard
Doctor :i like to know your age, weight and occupation
User :30 years old, 180 pounds,
Doctor :   k
Doctor :   since when you are having sores?
User :   for a month off and on.
Doctor :can you please describe on it
User :   sometimes I would have alot of irritation or discomfort and sometimes none at all
Doctor :   k
Doctor :is it bleeding from the site? or any pus
User :no
Doctor :   k can you tell me the exact size of it
User :   i have visible sores. they are very sensitive to hot water
User :   the largest one is size of an pencil eraser
Doctor :ok
Doctor :   does it have an pinting end
Doctor :   is it present on the shaft of penis or
User :   no
User :   the skin around the head is irritated also
Doctor :   Where exactly it is present
User :   on the head and foreskin
Doctor :k
Doctor :   are you sexually active
User :   yes
Doctor :   with single or multiple partners?
Doctor :   now or in past
User :   single
Doctor :k
User :   now
Doctor :   fine do you have any other major illness
User :   no
Doctor :   in the past you had any sexual contact with other females
User :   yes
Doctor :do you diabetes or bp
User :   no
Doctor :   k how was it and how many days back
Doctor :   sex with other female
User :   what
Doctor :   when was it you had sex with other females
Doctor :   it was with prostitutes or
User :   before the one i am seeing now three months ago
User :   no prostitutes
Doctor :User :   my ex-wife had hpv
Doctor :   ya k
Doctor :   i think it is std sexually transmitted disease
Doctor :   i expect you to get few tests done
Doctor :   before we proceed on to the treatment part
User :   what should i get done
Doctor :   do you have painful urination or fever
Doctor :   you should get an culture and sensitivity by taking a swab from the sore .. This is done in a lab
Doctor :   and also blood test
User :   sometimes, as fever no
Doctor :   complete blood test and antibody for hpv and herpes
Doctor :   get these tests done and get back to us
Doctor :   we will be available 24/7
Doctor :   for your help
Doctor :   It shows you have moved away from the chat, so I close the window. Please log in again for 24/7 medical help.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor