Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Recurring of colon cancer in the same place - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Colon Cancer
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
User :   My mother-in-law has colon cancer that was removed three years ago, but has reappeared near the original site. She has been to two cancer hospitals and been told that since it has attached to the pelvic bone, they would not be able to completely remove it through surgery (only 20% likely would be removed). They are recommending strong chemotherapy, but not the surgery which would be quite involved and likely have to be repeated. Is a treatment such as lu-117 a possiblity for this kind of a cancer? I know it would likely have to be some variation of the therapy for her specific colon cancer. Just wonder if this type of treatment is gaining ground in the US for us to consider?
Doctor :   hello
User :   hello
Doctor :   give me min please, let me go thru your query
Doctor :   lu-117 treatment ?
User :   yes. i had a friend that went through this treatment in Europe. Attaches radiation to the cancer (Layman's terms)
User :   I see it should say, lu-177
User :   sorry
Doctor :   ok well i am a General Physician and i am not aware of such treatment as its beyond my expertise, i however can suggest you that you can opt for a specialist opinion from a oncologist regarding this from our panel, who will be in a better position to help you here , now you have 2 options , either we can arrange a phone call from the specialist to you or you can email your query
Doctor :   now there is a fee for this service and if you want to go ahead and do that i will gladly REFUND you your this chat money
Doctor :   i dont want to misguide you on topic that is not within my expertise
User :   how would I go about doing this?
Doctor :   did you get a pop up
Doctor :   regarding the specialist ?
User :   got it thank you.
Doctor :   you can even chose from the list of panel from our website
Doctor :   now please do email us and we will refund you this money
Doctor :   just mention that you will be taking a specialist opinion thats all
Doctor :   is there anything else i can help you with ?
User :   sorry, I moved on already. thanks for your help Dr.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor