Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Recurrent MRSA - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Skin Rash
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1776 Questions
User :   Dear User, You have started the trial chat with our doctor. This chat is only to provide you an idea how an actual chat would be like. Please note that the time of this chat is insufficient for the doctors to provide you a detailed answer to your questions. After the trial period, you will be redirected to the Payment page and you can select a package of your choice.
Doctor :   Hi,
Doctor :   Dr xxx here
User :   Hello My dermatologist treated me this time last year for MRSA with a round of antibiotics, I was discontinued of Bactrim when the culture came back as MRSA and put on Macrobid and Doxycycline. Here it is a year later, I went back to the Dermatologist with some acne problems and shower her a spot on my hip that has been leaking a clear fluid. She again did a culture and called yesterday it has come back as MRSA. She is concerned that I may have an internal infection, and to rule out that possibility they are sending me to a Infectious Disease Doctor, I am still waiting on the appointment. They have sent my lab results and file over to this doctor and they still haven't called. I am trying to be patient in waiting but I am starting to freak out because I have read how dangerous this is and that you can die from it. Should I wait for them to set an appointment or go to the Emergency Room? Thank you so much.
Doctor :   Go to an ER
Doctor :   Get the reports soon
User :   Ok thank you Dr. xxxx
Doctor :   you have to be put on sensitive antibiotics
User :   Ok..I was told Antibiotics via a IV
Doctor :   they may not be too fast in evolving but they do cause serious trouble if left untreated
Doctor :   IV would be a good option
User :   Ok thank you.
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me
Doctor :   Bye for now
Question is related to
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor