Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Reasons for Delayed puberty - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Men's Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3622 Questions
Doctor :   hi
User :   i am a male, 16 and is 5 ft 1 and barely started puberty, is there anything to kick start it?
Doctor :   how can i help y
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   is there deepening of voice?
User :   no
Doctor :   do u have hair on chest
User :   no
User :   hair near the rear end
Doctor :   it may be case of delayed puberty
Doctor :   ok
User :   anything to kick start it tho
Doctor :   did any one in ur family had similar complains
User :   no :(
Doctor :   puberty in case of boys will occur 9 and 15 for guys, although it can be earlier or later for some people. This wide range in age is normal, and it's why you may develop several years earlier (or later) than most of your friends.
Doctor :   Puberty can be delayed for several reasons. Most often, it's simply a pattern of growth and development in a family
User :   shopuld i see a doctor
User :   see if they can give hormones or somthing
Doctor :   Medical problems also can cause delays in puberty. Some people with chronic illnesses like diabetes, cystic fibrosis, kidney disease, or even asthma may go through puberty at an older age because their illnesses can make it harder for their bodies to grow and develop. Proper treatment and better control of many of these conditions can help make delayed puberty less likely to occur
Doctor :   A person who's malnourished â?? without enough food to eat or without the proper nutrients â?? may also develop later than peers who eat a healthy, balanced diet. For example, teens with the eating disorder anorexia nervosa often lose so much weight that their bodies can't develop properly
Doctor :   Delayed puberty can also happen because of problems in the pituitary or thyroid glands
Doctor :   yes
Doctor :   u can consult pediatric endocrinologist
Doctor :   he will help you overcome this problem
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor